Boxboy's 520

boxboy

It's a sad, sad day. Since acquiring my wife's great-grandad's Ford, I have had trouble affording and having time to invest in my favorite project ever which has been my little 520. I have never had more compliments on a vehicle than I have had on this little hauler. I have so much time invested. But the previous owner saw it the other day and made me an offer I could not refuse. With the start of some master's degree courses in the fall and my increased leadership at my church, I just don't see any hope of getting to the things that I wanted to do to my truck. The new owner says he will get the engine rebuilt this year, and the body and paint as well. I guess he has the money to invest, where I was trying to do it myself and make it "mine." I have learned a lot and enjoyed every minute of it. But I couldn't turn down the offer of every penny I had invested to this point. Of course that doesn't include time, but when you are having that much fun, it is hard to justify getting paid for it, right? I am hoping to continue to follow all of your builds. Keith, I am especially watching your original resto.

Now to work on the Ford. Not nearly as fun to drive, and a lot more expensive, but a family heirloom. I am going to miss having a truck. I may look for a nice Nissan Kingcab with jump seats for the kids, but not another project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic