1981 DATSUN 210 BAJA

FCRUDY

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i was wondering if any one had any info on adding a lift on a datsun 210 as well as to what shcok would fit it im trying to go up 3 inches on it if posible.

You could go with coilovers and lengthen the strut tubes and add spacers under the strut cartridge.. spring over on a solid rear axle...

Add a skid plate for the engine, transmission, gas tank, and center chunk of the differential.

Another good idea is a driveshaft hoop.

• Like 1

You could go with coilovers and lengthen the strut tubes and add spacers under the strut cartridge.. spring over on a solid rear axle...

Add a skid plate for the engine, transmission, gas tank, and center chunk of the differential.

Another good idea is a driveshaft hoop.

That's a good answer. I wish I could do all that.

• 2 weeks later...
2eDeYe' date='24 August 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1282666231' post='343191']

I lifted a Celica...SHould be the same principle. I used spacers on the struts and larger springs in the rear. The springs I used were from a Ford minivan.

DSCN3266.jpg

Thats a really cool car, do you have any other pictures of the car?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the rear, it would be fairly easy to mount a coilover type spring.

I am building a mount to use a swift barrel type spring in my 210. With the adapter I am building it lifts the rear 3" and is near end of the stock shock travel. It lifts the rear 1 3/4" without the adapter. I like these springs because they have plenty of travel before coil bind.

Swift_Springs-Swift_Coil_Over_Barrel_Spring-100-250-125_B_386.jpg

I am going to be using a 16" 150lb/in and it is a good bit stiffer than stock but not too stiff for offroad. Did pretty good on my test-drive.

I am still searching for springs for the front, but they will probably be 150Lb/in and at least 12" long.

@ 1.75" of lift on 175/65R14 tires:

2010-11-19%2012.43.39.jpg