1973 Datsun 1800 Wagon - Rare? Pre release of the 610?

Andyw

I'll get pics when I can if it'll help...the only thing that is different is the emblems that I've seen. It has the L18 motor. The badges say datsun 1800, I bought it from the original owner as a project, am losing my storage for my projects and was wondering if this was worth keeping, or how much I could get for it. It runs and drives, but the body needs paint and a few small rust issues taken care of, I spent 250 on new tail lights, the car is partially disassembled (grill, front skirt, bumpers in the car, bought some nice front seats for it, the back one is in great shape. Please let me know ASAP, gotta move or sell this one and about 7 other cars.

Andy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare? It is, but not in the sense that it is worth more than, say, any other '73 Datsun 610 wagon. The 1800 emblems were pre-release, as it was not determined the model name for the 610 when the car came out. The emblems are rare, so much that while US spec 610 owners want 180B emblems from the UK or Australia and UK or Australians want 610 emblems, the 1800 emblems were out for only 5 months in 1972, from August until 1 December 1972. My sedan's build date was 5 December 1972, just a couple of days off, but I have a set of NOS 1800 emblems for her.

Oh, and yes, pics are definitely in order...