Bumpers

Dguy210

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sure. Get the bumpers from south america or australia or buy them off Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Be aware there is a large section of the body that it missing. The american models don't have a full beaver panel because the big bumpers hide it.

Datsun 510 bumpers are the right width, as they were factory-fitted to Datsun B110 by Nissan Suid Afrika. Dunno if they are the right shape for the B210. But width is the same.

Yes, sure. Get the bumpers from south america or australia or buy them off Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Be aware there is a large section of the body that it missing. The american models don't have a full beaver panel because the big bumpers hide it.

Datsun 510 bumpers are the right width, as they were factory-fitted to Datsun B110 by Nissan Suid Afrika. Dunno if they are the right shape for the B210. But width is the same.

I knew about the missing bodywork, and I had wondered about the 510 and 1200 bumpers. They always eyeballed out about the same width to me, and I guess that makes sense as the cars are basically the same width. I guess I was kinda hoping someone had maybe already figured out a cheap US based replacement.

I tried a 620 front bumper once. Too long, but if a section of 1-2 inches was cut out of the middle, and welded back i think it would look good. I'd love to try 1200/510 bumpers but they are so expensive. At least when bought from datsun peaple, find some at a junkyard maybe??

• 2 weeks later...

i was just wondering the same thing actually. i currently have a 76 datsun 620 black grill in my b210 (with the 4 lights) and it looks sick. i want to run no bumpers at all but my local authorities already seem to have it out for my car as it is

Do you have a picture of this?

I've been wanting to do the 4 headlight set up on my B210. Just haven't had the chance to try fitting in another grill.

why doesnt cali just move back to the horse and buggy, that way it could save everyone from the hassle. although they would probably try to regulate the amount of times your horse shits

Hey don't be giving them any ideas. :lol: I have to stay in Cali for about another year, then I'm getting the hell out.

i dont know if you were going for that chrome look, or just wanted the low profile, sleek look of the non-us market bumpers...... but here is what i'm doing right now.....

I took off my stock us market bumpers, and stripped them completely down. Then taped them up and now i'm currently making end pieces out of insulation foam from the hardware store. Once i finish both ends i will be able to wrap the bumper and fiberglass it. Then, i'll do a little finish work to the fiberglass mold, paint it and put it on. I'll be starting a build thred on it once i get it closer to being done, if anyone else is interested. Here is what it looks like right now.

0915001141.jpg

0915001141b.jpg

i dont know if you were going for that chrome look, or just wanted the low profile, sleek look of the non-us market bumpers...... but here is what i'm doing right now.....

I took off my stock us market bumpers, and stripped them completely down. Then taped them up and now i'm currently making end pieces out of insulation foam from the hardware store. Once i finish both ends i will be able to wrap the bumper and fiberglass it. Then, i'll do a little finish work to the fiberglass mold, paint it and put it on. I'll be starting a build thred on it once i get it closer to being done, if anyone else is interested. Here is what it looks like right now.

I was thinking of the sleek low profile look similar to the what the non-us market had. I am interested to see how yours turn out, though.

0915001141.jpg

0915001141b.jpg

only issue i see here is your making an already heavy part even heavier if you dont car about weight then go for it but in a car that is underpowered and could use some weight loss in stock form adding more doesnt seem like the best step

having said that i still wanna see how these turn out

^^ sorry, let me clarify. The factory bumpers are only to get the mold. Once the fiberglass hardens, the factory bumpers will come out and i'll have a lightweight, custom bumper. I am very conscious about weight. That's actually one of the main reasons i wanted to make these rather than try to find the metal ones. well, that and i'm super cheap. lol.

Just in case no one has ever checked, i weighed the factory bumpers off the car when they were still altogether. they both weighed about 25lbs each. 50lbs is a nice little chunk of weight savings.