jay520

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the last of the pictures i took today. because who doesn't like pictures?

more hood:

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

more bondo. it just keeps going:

IMG_0284.jpg

what do they call it? a parcell tray?

IMG_0281.jpg

heater:

IMG_0280.jpg

nikki:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

somebody's makeshift upper radiator hose. one more thing to do:

IMG_0276.jpg

cleaner, at the very least. note the straight shot from the hard fuel line to the fuel pump. thought it might work until that strainer gets put back together:

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

valance:

IMG_0265.jpg

The guy that was there first, pulled all the door hardware inside and out.:( I was talking about a piece of sheet metal on the underside of the hood covering the mount area(where rusted) in that trianglular shape tacked all the way around, that is something I could probably do, but if you could find another strait hood without rust, that would probably be better. I have a mostly strait grill that could be used to figure out how yours should look also. The throddle cable on the truck had a bracket connected to it, I am doubting that it is the bracket you need, but? I have a few people that have added me as friends, what does that mean? I haven't a clue, I haven't added any friends on my end, is it a easier way to comunicate with certain people? Does it notifiy your freinds when your online? Can you enlighten me please. thankyou wayno

The guy that was there first, pulled all the door hardware inside and out.:( I was talking about a piece of sheet metal on the underside of the hood covering the mount area(where rusted) in that trianglular shape tacked all the way around, that is something I could probably do, but if you could find another strait hood without rust, that would probably be better. I have a mostly strait grill that could be used to figure out how yours should look also. The throddle cable on the truck had a bracket connected to it, I am doubting that it is the bracket you need, but? I have a few people that have added me as friends, what does that mean? I haven't a clue, I haven't added any friends on my end, is it a easier way to comunicate with certain people? Does it notifiy your freinds when your online? Can you enlighten me please. thankyou wayno

i'm pretty sure your idea would work. there probably aren't a lot of those hoods floating around, i'm assuming. maybe i could swing up there and compare those grills and bring the hood and get your opinion after you see it in person? then after she's running well enough (and registered) i'll drive it up there. plus, i'd really like to see your NL320 in person.

as far as the friends thing goes, i had a couple people add me as a friend. the only use i can see is if you'd want to locate somebody's profile and, in turn, their posts, it might be easier finding them through that than searching around for a post they've made. other than that i haven't seen the purpose. it'd be nice, like you said, if there were an instant messenger, where you could talk to your "friends" who are online the same time as you or shows which friends are online.

I sent this as a PM and got to thinking if I post it here maybe some one will be able to get it picked up for you.

I have a 66 520 hood in SW Phoenix. Shipping would be killer though. If you know any truckers coming through this area that could pick it up & bring it to you I would give it to you for free. My HOA is threatening to fine me because of my Datsun parts.

I sent this as a PM and got to thinking if I post it here maybe some one will be able to get it picked up for you.

I have a 66 520 hood in SW Phoenix. Shipping would be killer though. If you know any truckers coming through this area that could pick it up & bring it to you I would give it to you for free. My HOA is threatening to fine me because of my Datsun parts.

that would be awesome. i sent you a pm.

the grill. maybe i'll find a better one, but until then i'd like to get this one as straightened out as possible. does anyone have some photos from various angles so i can see what direction to go towards?

Here are some pics of the one I bought for the MX520. I found it on ebay last year. Let me know if you need some specific pictures, I'll get them for you!

MX5201-9-10001-1.jpg

MX5201-9-10006.jpg

MX5201-9-10007.jpg

MX5201-9-10009.jpg

MX5201-9-10012.jpg

520164.jpg

520155.jpg

thanks bob3 for the pics (man, have i got some work to do.)

got the "sediment glass bowl" for the fuel strainer. a tad big, but a "little" sanding fixed that. then it slipped right in (that's what she said.)

from steinertractor.com - SEDIMENT GLASS BOWL ONLY part #: ABC124. and at $4 it's worth the sanding. the cork gasket they sell to go with it is a little thick, btw.

ended up using the cork gasket. it made for a much better seal than the rubber one. got it put in and no air getting in there now. there's also no air coming up through the inline fuel filter. i like to think it help with a bit of the acceleration problem, but maybe it's just me.

Edited by jay520

Here are the Datsun part #s for the glass bowl filter. Filter element and gaskets were still available about 6 months ago from Nissan. Burrito213 just picked up a glass bowl from me last weekend. I donot know if he plans on using it. Needs a good cleaning.

16400-28000 Assy-Strainer Fuel (Complete)

16404-68225 Element Filter fuel

16406-50000 Gasket-filter fuel

16407-87260 Gasket-filter fuel

I am using the Malpassi Fuel Filter King and Regulator 85mm. These cost about $140 from Peirce Manifold in CA. If you are interested in getting one PM me I know a cheaper place to get them as long as supply lasts.

KingFilter.jpg

:cool:

does anyone else's 520 have a high beams foot switch?

the reason i ask. trying to get this figured out to put the two relays in. don't really want to get started on it until i'm sure i know what goes where. there are three wires coming off the floor switch (RY, RB, RW) and the diagram had the wires for the high beams coming off the directional light switch.

LIGHTSWrelay.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jay I hope to get a shipping price on Friday on the hood. I forgot to take pictures before I boxed it up. I am sure after seeing the pictures of your hood you will be very pleased with this hood.

Be sure to save the hood emblem and latch assembly as this hood does not have them.

• 1 month later...

I have now. It's weird just sitting around on Ratsun all day. I normally see notifications for replies to this thread on my email, since I check that more frequently.

That's great news about the strut rods. One less thing to pull off that truck.

And the rockers.

First weekend of December good for you for me to swing up there?

My Subaru crapped out on me the other day. Tensioner pulley ($82!!!) on the timing belt was seized and eventually wore the belt down enough to start breaking teeth off the other side. Luckily, I got it all fixed last Saturday when the weather was cooperating (did it on the side of the road). It's running well now.

I should start a thread for the yellow 521...

• 1 year later...

Hello JAY520,

Great looking 520. If you dont mind me asking, how much did give for this red truck? I am trying to compare it to a ''66 520 that i am thinking about buying.

Thanks, Matt-

He has not been here(ratsun) since sept. 11, 2011

The truck has a lot of rust, but I think he drove it home.

I still lurk around here every once in awhile. I can't believe it's been that long since I've logged on.

:lol: How ya been, home ownership changes things, but it is good to buy your own, instead of buying someone elses for them. Do either of them run right now, what do you need to get the 521 going, if it is not going right now?

Hi nice truck and good job what you did I have a cuestion I bout a truck like yours and I got the some problem the temperature gauge did not work too But the others ones oil gas it work good just the temperature. Not I don't know what I have to do to fix tha can you let me know