Finally got a "Ratsun" 620

hondaluvr

Got a new project about a week ago.. Figured I would show it off.:naughty:

So I picked it up really cheap in okc after searching for one for weeks.

Its a 79 Datsun 620 pickup, 5 speed, and with the l20 engine. Amazingly the radio and all 4 speakers still work and it had the owners manual. The speedometer is kinda off and it has a holly carb off of a ford ranger? kinda ghetto rigged onto it.

I drove it 80 miles home running on 3 cylinders, guy told me a valve was stuck open and when i popped the valve cover off one of the rockers was just chilling off to the side of the valve. It was missing two rocker arm keepers, Fuel filter was bypassed, air pump and egr systems were both plugged off or disconnected, one plug was completely blown, it was out of time, and last but not least it was running way rich and backfiring through the carb spitting gas. Also needs some rust fixed bad!

My new keepers will be in tomorrow, did an oil change, new ngk plugs, new air filter, my buddy helped me retime it, adjust the carb, and check the valves.

PLANS:  really want to fit an sr20 my buddy has sitting in storage into this beast and lower it a little bit. Make it a fun weekend "Ratsun". Maybe throw some S14 front seats in it and a nardi wood grain steering wheel and redo the interior in black. Hopefully We will be fixing all the rust and painting it soon.

785940fc.jpg

499e05c9.jpg

dc512e80.jpg

Interior

3a3835c3.jpg

Engine

e6e3dea7.jpg

Heres the blown bosch platinum plug

fea58238.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply