Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

amazing :w00t:

building anymore???

Hi

Sorry guys , I have been away in Italy for a wild 6 week holiday, leased a 2010 Renault Megane coupe for the trip, had it for 33 days and put 5300 kilometers on it, the roads there are totally awesome !!!!!!!! not to mention the Ferrari Factory and the Ducati Factory ................................way cool

So I will have to get back to hot rod Nissan soon, have some paying jobs to do first !!!!!!!

I want it finished for the spring so I can go to a couple of events !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Phil

Wow! Blowing it away man!! With welding skills like yours and the proper equipment from what I can see in your pics anything is possible. Great Build !! Awseome Shop! Badd Ass Rides! I saw that Lotus in the Background...hehehe....:thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys and Gals I have been busy ............but not on my truck , yes a Mini but not a truck .I am building a custom Carbonfiber dash for someone else, it's for a classic Austin Mini, building a Plug and then a mold from the Plug and then the actual parts........................whew its a s#^@t load of work, but its going to be very very cool !!!!!!Here are some picks so far, should be making some parts this week coming and then back to my 720 rocket.

Here is the mockup

100_5382.jpg

The Plug its two parts the Main dash and a console

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032d.jpg

The plugs finished and waxed then sprayed with PVA are now ready to be Gel-coated and then fiberglassed to make the Mold

IMG_0098.jpg

The Mold , now gets waxed 6 times and then Sprayed with PVA , then the layup to make actual parts .......................tons of work !!!!!!!

IMG_0182.jpg

Looking forward to working on my truck again, spring is coming and I would like to try and go to this thing you guys call Canby !!!!!!!

Cheers Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Finally got back to working on my truck, did a mock up for the interior, so i can install the new handbrake in the floor, got a console from a pathgrinder.

and seats from a Mitsubishi I think or Talon, they are gray leather and the drivers side is power.

The supersize cab is awesome, full recline.

I am going to put a push on , i would like to make it to Canby.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

DO LOVE THIS BUILD.

This is hands down one of the wildest truck builds i've seen :)

hopefully it will see some track time!

@ Moises:

you probably already saw this, but when you get ready to do your handbrake- consider doing a hydraulic setup!

http://infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14255

that with your posi-rear, will be a drift monster!

Hi

I got my console and seat and Speaker holes install finished , next is an overhead console and sun visors, I just want to get all the fab work and welding done inside the cab, and holes filled and wiring sorted before sound proofing and painting inside.

Then back to the fun stuff ................making a drive shaft and fuel tank , exhaust, rear defuser, brake lines etc.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

I just re-read your whole thread. So inspirational. great way to spend a Sunday morning...coffee and Ratsun \m/

I didn't read anywhere if you had picked out a color? Or is that a secret? I look forward to seeing her in person some day.

I'm sure you will be showing her off at some shows in Vic when done? I was born in Vic and most of my fams live there. My aunt Betty owns a 57 T bird with a matching boler trailer red in color the theme is Betty Boop have you seen it? Keep up the good work man!

Rich

db_Betty_Balmer_55_T_Bird_and_trailer2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi

I have been way too busy to work on my truck , but I had to put it outside for a few days , so i took a couple of pics, going to finish it this winter for sure , its so close !!!!

IMG_0299cr.jpg

IMG_0298cr.jpg

IMG_0297cr.jpg

IMG_0294cr.jpg

• Like 1