U67 sss HEAD ON EBAY

Datsun Parts

Just wanted to share that I have a very rare closed chamber U67 head. The head chamber was welded professionally. It has a complete valve job and 1.5 in ports that were also professionally polished. Stock cam...check it out. I will also list a similar W53 later in the week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-510-620-521-520-U67-Rebuilt-Cylinder-Head-SSS-/400140581245?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2a3cb97d

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very interesting if you can't find a peanut head for your L16/18. What it is, is a regular U67 head that has been converted to closed chamber. (as advertised) There never was a U-67 SSS peanut head though, so this can't be a copy of one. It also does not have the correct intake port size as the true 219 or V912 SSS head.

What it also is, is a good price if looking for a re-built closed chamber head with larger valves and ports for your L16/18 or don't want the smaller port A87 on your L20B.

SSS is listed as a search criteria. If potential customers are looking for a 219, or SSS with a closed chamber and 1.5 intake ports. This head has those same specs and is about half of any used 219 you will ever find. Yes, this is just a converted stock U67. I have sold dozens and dozens of these but I have never seen one like this. Its a great buy at a good price.

I corrected my post, having overlooked the 1.5" port size.

So this is very close to an SSS head but saying so in that manner is misleading. People searching for an SSS head won't be finding or getting one here. The people you have sold to will be telling everyone that they have an SSS U-67 peanut head on their car. No such animal. 'Similar to SSS' or 'SSS spec' is closer.

219s are not cheap and are all used and need rebuilding.The later V912 start at $600 at least new. So yes, a viable alternative.

BTW your ad says (or implies) that this head will fit the 520. It won't, as there were no L series engines in the 520, and it does not even fit the first year 521.

dont forget installing larger valves is simple on this head.

IM sure it meets SSS specs.

are there REALLY SSS specs???

what is the combustion chamber CC?

id still like to know this volume.

if someone went to all the trouble to weld it up, id hope they CC the chambers too.

id still like to know this volume.

if someone went to all the trouble to weld it up, id hope they CC the chambers too.

I would expect 41cc as it's advertised to: NO CHANGE IN STOCK COMPRESSION. ONLY .005" OF MATERIAL REMOVED ON RESURFACE TO ASSURE A STRAIGHTNESS. Only way there can be no change in compression is if the motor already has a peanut head on it.