LZ-23 results

Z-train

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some monster torque numbers from 2,300 to 4,300..... and yeah some specs please.

Ya'll did notice i added the specs underneath the pics-right?If someone wants the cam specs,i can dig them up.I couldn't have asked for a better outcome with this motor.The wife drove it for the first time and came back and said-this thing goes!I can't wait to get the 3.88s in there to match that powerband.

By the way-anyone care to guess how much HP the stock aircleaner costs you?Take a guess.

One last thing notice the AFR curve-like a board.

I'll get the specs from Rebello.

Check the cam sprocket location. Is it in the #3 hole? Or go back one hole from where it is. This will move the power up the RPM range. See Rebello about the cam timing.

Check the cam sprocket location. Is it in the #3 hole? Or go back one hole from where it is. This will move the power up the RPM range. See Rebello about the cam timing.

It's on the 1st hole

my LZ 2.2222 goes like a raped ape too! :w00t:

stock weber aircleaner or hitachi?

~3 HP on the weber???

It's a Weber with the Hitachi can on it.It loses ONE hp over no aircleaner on the dyno.

now slap a set of Mikuni's on there and watch it really rip!:) probably in the 160-165WHP range if its a full Rebello ported head and build

This motor is making the power RIGHT where i want it.This going to be my wifes DD.And those carbs would be EXTREMELY mis-matched with the cam.

Very nice. This wasn't on an engine dyno, was it? That's the torque you're putting out at the wheels, correct?

Yes,Chassis dyno.

I just found out she had her first "ecounter" on the street with it.She's very happy right now.

• 6 months later...

I think the cam and single Weber have a lot to do with the power band. I'm very impressed with the torque in the 2k to 4K range, perfect for around town.That's RWHP so add about 18% to that ... 106 RWHP is about 125engine hp. As a 23 liter motor is 15% larger than a an L20B, all things equal should have 15% more hp. So this adds up, and though somewhat conservative, I think a good motor for the street, and, with room for experimenting.For example there's another 1,500 usable RPMs and 10%? more power in that motor that can be used without having to modify much. Different cams, carbs and intakes, but it will ruin it's streetability somewhat. I bet it goes just great right now without having to twist it's tail.

I would like to see the cam specs.

I never actually seen any Rebello cam specs before. Like its top Secret or soemthing.

those a really good torq numbers. Maybe try a 38/38 DGES? I know I like mine on my 521. But my 521 you know how low the rear diff gearing is. great daily driver.

people remember the Mustang 2 with a 302 only had 120hp

a TR8 had about 140hp

These numbers are good for a 4 cylinder,just think if these Motors were comming out of the factory back then!!!!!!

I very general terms advancing the cam (#3 hole) will trade some top end torque for added bottom end torque. Retarding the cam (#1 hole) will tend to trade some bottom end torque for added top end torque. It doesn't affect total torque just adds or subtracts it on either side. Who knows with an after market or custom grind cam? You would have to dyno it with even more retard or advance and look at the numbers and see where you want them.

Croc 'ate' the specs....?

:P .... :D

Close-i just looked in the 620 file and NOTHING.WHich means the machine shop has the specs.IF they held onto them.THe search will continue next week.

Feel free to harass me off line at Cobrabill@earthlink.net

I can spill some of the powerband secrets.Anyone care to guess as to port work & manifold?

Yum, you guys are getting me excited to put some miles on my LZ22 with dual 46mm SUs when this snow melts! Won't put down what Ztrain is I imagine, but should be plenty fun for me!