86 720 4x4

720 dustin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im kinda with ya dustin. well, i wanna lift the whole dang truck up. but it seems the only that can be found is a body lift (even though i havent found it, i know it does exist) ive only had the truck 5 days, so im no expert, but i think youd have to fab something up. i wish i could find a helper leaf, and body lift to pump mine higher, but no luck.

im kinda with ya dustin. well, i wanna lift the whole dang truck up. but it seems the only that can be found is a body lift (even though i havent found it, i know it does exist) ive only had the truck 5 days, so im no expert, but i think youd have to fab something up. i wish i could find a helper leaf, and body lift to pump mine higher, but no luck.

There are 3" body lifts available for the 720 on Ebay.....about 180 bucks.

Helper leafs 'can' also be purchased through your local auto parts store....about 50+ bucks.

Have both on various 720s.

Helper leafs 'can' also be purchased through your local auto parts store....about 50+ bucks.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.........

You can just get a lift kit, thats made specifically for this truck.. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/720-pickup-suspension-lift-p-56.html

You crank the torsion bars in the front, then put these upper control arms on to correct camber. then the rear add a leaf for the rear lift...

Seen that kit......rather just lift the body.....'cheaper'....sort of :D

Don't have to screw with alignment....etc.

Yeah, getting a body lift kit, or just doing it yourself, is cheaper and you do not have to mess with alignment, but think of this sealik. Lifting the body just lifts the body, gives you some more clearance for tires. Thats about it, you still have the same amount of room from the ground to your front/rear diff & frame. If you are out racing the truck, baja, or running around in the woods playing the mud, you will have to get an alignment(S) anyways. :D

Thank you sir!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.........

You can just get a lift kit, thats made specifically for this truck.. https://www.4x4parts...-lift-p-56.html

You crank the torsion bars in the front, then put these upper control arms on to correct camber. then the rear add a leaf for the rear lift...

That was my next question.... I have my Tbars Maxed ALL they way... this thing bounces like the suspension doesnt exist. now i dont mind that, cause its a truck, and not a daily driver, but that kit wont bring it ANOTHER 3 inches? just correct my camber?

And if i jump the body lift up, and what ever suspension i can muster, whats the biggest tire i can fit? on the road at full lock, she creaks bad on bumps, but like i said, itll be a mud truck, so camber and road quality is of no concern. i have 31x10.5x15 on her now, but with what set up can i muster to get the most meat under it?

Thank you sir!

That was my next question.... I have my Tbars Maxed ALL they way... this thing bounces like the suspension doesnt exist. now i dont mind that, cause its a truck, and not a daily driver, but that kit wont bring it ANOTHER 3 inches? just correct my camber?

And if i jump the body lift up, and what ever suspension i can muster, whats the biggest tire i can fit? on the road at full lock, she creaks bad on bumps, but like i said, itll be a mud truck, so camber and road quality is of no concern. i have 31x10.5x15 on her now, but with what set up can i muster to get the most meat under it?

Ive seen a few with 38's, my truck came with 40s but theres no way they fit on there. Yes, if you get that kit it will correct your camber, they sell just the upper A-Arms so you do not have to buy the kit, look around on the site under suspension and it will be listed.

To correct the bouncing around, get some better shock absorbers. Rancho or w/e you like. That will help dampen the suspension travel

I have one truck with the torsion bars cranked......not good off road. You feel every pot hole big time.

Would rather drop it back down and body lift it back up. Thus the suspension is not compromised.

With a 3" body lift.....and the suspension kit suggested by h2theizzo....should get around 5" total lift?

I don't think the torsion bars have to be touched with that kit....to achieve this.

The pic is of 2 4x4s......on the right....just the 3" body lift

On the left....no mods.

P8300112.jpg

cool. thanks. ill look into gettin that body lift, and sus. lift.450 aint real bad. i mean i only paid 500 for the truck, but i think i got a great deal, cause its in pretty nice shape, and it has brand new tires. so maybe i plop the money. i gotta buy me a trailer soon, so well see how the money venture goes.

Yeah, getting a body lift kit, or just doing it yourself, is cheaper and you do not have to mess with alignment, but think of this sealik. Lifting the body just lifts the body, gives you some more clearance for tires. Thats about it, you still have the same amount of room from the ground to your front/rear diff & frame. If you are out racing the truck, baja, or running around in the woods playing the mud, you will have to get an alignment(S) anyways. :D

You are correct......but....

If I increase tire size from 29 to.......lets say to 35 :rolleyes: ...because of the extra room from the body lift.

Total of 6"......thus raising the running gear.....3 " + -. :P

Next Discussion will be about the underpowered 720 4x4s :D :lol:

underpowered? i thought they had 86hp? hahaha guess ill figure out just how powered they are when i get to hit the trails

They dont have a ton of power, thats true. But they do have enough power, and especially low end torque for a trail rig. Mine did great out on the trails.

To Sealik,

You're right about throwing a body lift and bigger tires on there. Keep in mind, you will still have to do some kind of modding, the bigger tires forces the camber to be off, and the insides of your tires WILL wear a lot faster than the rest. the later 720s have the a-arm on the outside of the frame, making it easy to just put some spacers in there, the early ones had it on the inside of the frame, making it so you can't correct it, just make it worst by putting spacers in. You can cut the mount off the frame and move it out, or crank the torsion bars and it will push it out due to the angle of it afterwards, then get an alignment.

They dont have a ton of power, thats true. But they do have enough power, and especially low end torque for a trail rig. Mine did great out on the trails.

To Sealik,

You're right about throwing a body lift and bigger tires on there. Keep in mind, you will still have to do some kind of modding, the bigger tires forces the camber to be off, and the insides of your tires WILL wear a lot faster than the rest. the later 720s have the a-arm on the outside of the frame, making it easy to just put some spacers in there, the early ones had it on the inside of the frame, making it so you can't correct it, just make it worst by putting spacers in. You can cut the mount off the frame and move it out, or crank the torsion bars and it will push it out due to the angle of it afterwards, then get an alignment.

you are correct..again :)

• 4 months later...