'75 620 make over

the only thing with reversing polarity, i was yelled at by someone (from the internet, mind) who told me i shouldnt do that, i should undo the little nut holding the fan to its motor and flip the fan instead (which is easy, use some thread lock on the little nut though to be sure)

i think it depends on the thermos you get, some of them have blades that work better going in one direction than the other, so might be worth loose fitting the fans and giving it a couple tests feeling how much air they pull with your hand

im sure you'll be fine if you just reverse polarity, the fan will still work good enough. ive got away with it for a supra engine but its probably better to do it right if it gets fair hot where you live :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes I Have Ninja Skittles :ninja:

Dude you are freeking me out! This is an old google pic of my place. House is a different color now.

That 620 you see in front of the CL is now in sunny Mexico! It's my transportation when I go and visit.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I haven't posted any updates in a while, but it doesn't mean I haven't been working to complete it.

I had to buy a new clutch slave cylinder since it had the wrong one. The line would hit the torsion bar on the clutch slave it came with. Now I need to bleed the line. No pics of this since it's borring stuff.

I still need to buy a brake master cylinder. I have the Pathfinder calipers with the Passport rotors up front. Been calling the auto parts stores but no one has the '79-80 280ZX MC (15/16" bore). Do you guys think the 7/8" bore of the '78 280z MC will work? I plan on running the Isuzu rear brakes, as well. I already have the calipers. I need to buy the rotors and bracket.

The truck did not come with a fan shroud so the fan is kind of useless. I bought a fan shroud from a fellow Ratsuner, but I guess I will give the electric fans a try for a while. Mounted the 2 Spal fans a little staggered. I still need to run power to them. Not sure if I'm going to run a switch or install a temp controller.

100_0859.jpg

Up front I installed the head lights, grille, lower valence, and new front signal/parking lights. The front signal lights still need to be wired. I still need to put the bumper and air dam on, but I'll wait til the end for those two things.

100_0860.jpg

100_0866.jpg

I installed the tailgate. The bed now looks more complete. Also bought new tail light lenses. The quality on these si not bad considering they are aftermarket.

100_0864.jpg

100_0863.jpg

The fenders are also installed. I kind of messed up here dry.gif. These fenders are aftermarket. I got these from the previous owner when I bought the truck. I figured we could save time and money by using the new fenders. As you guys know aftermarket body panels almost never line up very well. Well, these fenders were no exception. I totally forgot to prefit the fenders and do what ever work had to be done prior to paint :angry:. I had to shim, pull, push and ream some holes on the fender. I am not a body tech but I did the best I could. You could see the gaps I have up on the cowl and by the pillar. Oh well, like I said at the beginning of the build, this is not going to be a show truck!

• Like 1

Went out and bought new urethane bushings for the swaybar and the TC's. The old rubber bushings were shot to hell.

I decided to swap the seats between my 620 and 510. This will save me the price for a bench seat. 510 is mostly used for the track so it kind of works out.

100_0857.jpg

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Been working on the exhaust on and off. It's almost complete. I started from the exhaust manifold using stainless mandrel bent steel. I still have to finish the tip end. I'm not a welder by any means so please don't mind the not so pretty welds :lol:. Not quite sure what angle I will leave it at. Definitely not were it's at now. I don't want the bed to get all covered in suet. I bought an inexpensive Thrush turbo muffler. It's supposed to be quiet but we'll see.

100_0848.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0850.jpg

100_0854.jpg

Tried the rims that I will be running for the first time. I had to run a 1/8" spacer up front because it hit the caliper. I turned the wheel all the way to the right and noticed that the rim almost rubs against the sway bay. I plan on running 205/55 all around. What do you guys think, run with the caps or not?

100_0845.jpg

100_0846.jpg

100_0847.jpg

I will continue to work on the truck this week coming up. I'll keep you posted...

• Like 1

What kind of seat is that in your truck now? I used to have similar in my wagoon. They were the most comfy seats ive had

These seats are off an '88-'90 Honda Si. I bought these from a JY many years back. Yes, they are very comfortable. I wish I could find another set in the same condition that way I could have left these in my 510.

• Like 1

Wow....

Do You Drive This? Never Seen It :huh:

I got the truck back from paint in October. I have been putting it back together since then. I used to drive it a bit when it was silver, but it has not been on the road since i had it painted. Hopefully in a month!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi and thanks! There has been progress. Actually I'm almost done. The thing is, believe it or not, I don't own a digital camera :lol:. I am forced to borrow my brothers' or mom's camera. I know, I suck dry.gif...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Finally got around to buying the tires. I went with the Falken 912's 205/55/16. I have the same tires on my GLI and I am happy with them. Also, bought a new voltage regulator and accelerator cable from rock auto. The old voltage reg. was draining my battery and the cable got damaged when I removed the engine to paint the engine bay.

100_0872.jpg

100_0875.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0880.jpg

• Like 1