'75 620 make over

I have decided to start the painting process on my 620. By no means do I intend for the truck to be a show truck or a Sunday driver. It is a truck after all!! My plans are getting it painted, new wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, 5spd off of a 280zx, 2.25" exhaust and change the interior a little. The truck will see some hauling and an 80mile commute to work at least once a week. I have decided to paint the truck an off white with about 4 coats of clear. Here are some pics...:huh: ahhhh wait...how do you post pics straight from my hard drive??

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skunk, thanks a bunch for showing me how to post pics! Here they are:

Preping up the truck to take what is necessary to paint the truck. While I would dismantle the truck my brother would fill in the holes on the truck.

P7110074.jpg

P7110073.jpg

The front of the truck before removing anything.

P7110083.jpgAfter removing the front spoiler.

P7110087.jpg

A shot of the interior. I will remove those seats and use them for my track days on my 510. I plan on installing 2009 GMC truck seats instead.

P7110082.jpg
The previous owner oviously liked silver. Everything is silver! I will have to either remove the paint or spray over it.

P7110069.jpg

Door panels, squeegees and handels removed. Doors, hood, bed and fenders will be removed to paint them seperately.

P7110068.jpg

These are the mirrors I am planning on installing...just not too sure about them anymore.:unsure:

DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

Here are the brake calipers

DSCN1496.jpg

The wheels I plan on using. They are 16x7

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1517.jpg

What is the brand of that front spoiler?!

WHERE IS IT FROM!? Love the wheels get them on man. Your getting me motivated to work on mine! :D

Not sure the brand of the spoiler. It came with the truck when I bought it. This guy in the forum is also selling fiberglass parts. Check him out.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/4449-620-fiberglass-parts-new/

Wheel win. Welding...well, kind of reminds me of this guy

fail-owned-safety-glasses-fail.jpg

:lol: I hope the glass in those goggles isn't like the ones from home depot that is only meant for torch stuff :P

Haha, no actually the glass is from a welding helmet that broke earlier in the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there has been some ground gained. The guy doing the work said we might be able to paint on Tuesday. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

So more work on the doors. There was a lot of bondo on the doors from the prior work done god knows when. This time the work is being done right... I think. :unsure:

100_0611.jpg

100_0592.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0596.jpg

100_0607.jpg

100_0609.jpg

The bed is looking real good. Damn thing is straight!! A lot of hours have gone into the bed. The body guy is taking his time to make sure it is done well.

100_0593.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0597.jpg

The tail gait getting some attention.

100_0595.jpg

100_0605.jpg

Glass taken off of the truck. Thanks to all the great and knowledgeable guys in the forum for giving us insight on how to remove the front windshield without destroying the new gasket. One local windshield shop made it sound like it was an impossible feat.

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0594.jpg

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg