the worst bench seat you've ever seen

i actually drove around for a couple months with this seat, with a couple thin blankets covering it mind you. i've had a couple people tell me they have seen worse. is that possible? i think to be fair the seat must have some material left on it thought, not just all bare springs. a few weeks back i upgraded to the plain vinyl one. it has 2 minor tears i will try to repair and i bought some vinyl spray to brighten it up. yeah yeah i know nobody likes bench seats. even the ones in the yard aren't that bad.

seat 2_thumb.jpg

seat black_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man that brings back memories! I had a '71, and the bench seat was in good shape, but nothing could make up for that feeling that you were in sitting on a wooden church pew. So it wasn't just the worst looking seat! I replaced them with the buckets out of my retired 510, I think. I do remember they were Datsun and strangely, were built with a metal bar running across the lower back of it, right where your tail bone was.

Ouch, and I thought mine was bad...

even though it's a daily driver....

still looking for a spare to recover first...

got a 620 seat anyone can have as it won't fit in my trucks...

wonder if they made a bench in a 2dr 510...

Ahaha ... Hey! How do you get into the back seat?

"The springs always poke the balls"

I just scored 2 sets of dodge neon buckets last night for free! Man, they're really nice. One set (brown) has side bolsters and lumbar, and the other set (gray) has little side bolsters and nice headrests. Both recline. The gray ones also came with a matching rear seat if anyone is interested? I'll post them up with pics in the for sale section.

Suddenly there's several Neons in the j/y. I also noticed the buckets with lateral support, you have to climb 'into' them. I'm using Dodge Daytona's, very 'deep' with built up side and thigh support. They really hold you snug.