Bumblebee a 510 in next Transformers?

oe3

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this makes no sense first of all bumble bee was a camaro all along why change it to a 510 now this late in the game? for 2 im not to worried about prices of parts and such shooting threw the roof this is a kids movie its not like fast and the furious where it was kinda about cars to begin with and aimed at car people this is a kids movie that features cars so we get toys and possibly the dumbass on craigslist trying to sell a 510 say "just like the transformer"

When has Hollywood ever made sense? From my perch, I can only guess that this is to perhaps be some kind of pre-quel, maybe a chronology of the Transformers? IDK. I enjoy the fact that there is a Datsun in the movie, instead of the occasional chase scene from CHiPs where we have to rewind the TiVo to verify the existance of said Datsun. I do not welcome the idea of parts prices going through the roof. The thought of once cheap 4 door 510s now being worth more than their sum in parts. Or the fact that some geeky kid, somewhere, is getting wood over the idea that he gets to trade up his beat up BMX bike for the Tranformers 510 because he knows where one is rotting away in some barn/field/garage and becomes America's Next Thrown Out Model because of lack of interest, time or whatever. Bonvo, People like you and I should worry if they decide that there are other Datsun car or truck models worth kicking around in some movie (i.e. 610s, 710s, 620s...).

this makes no sense first of all bumble bee was a camaro all along why change it to a 510 now this late in the game?

Actually Bumblebee was a Beetle to start with. I was actually sorta pissed they made him a Camaro. But if you are a fan of the cartoons, you know that the transformers can change there appearance at times. Of course the movie made it seem like they could do it at will, so I'm sure it will all work out.

I think it's awesome they put a datto in the movie. Needs a ratsun sticker though. :D

2eDeYe' date='16 July 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1279298849' post='326163']

But if you are a fan of the cartoons, you know that the transformers can change there appearance at times.

in the cartoons we have he looks like a mazda 3 :huh:

Or the fact that some geeky kid, somewhere, is getting wood over the idea that he gets to trade up his beat up BMX bike for the Tranformers 510 because he knows where one is rotting away in some barn/field/garage and becomes America's Next Thrown Out Model because of lack of interest, time or whatever.

On the other hand, if that does happen, chances are that that kid will make their purchase/project known to one forum or another. And if they do decide to get rid of it after losing interest/the movie is no longer a big deal somebody who does appreciate these things might be able to swoop in and get a vehicle.

This is both good and bad. Mark my words, value will skyrocket for a time, like when Starsky and Hutch was redone. Unfortunately, as we all know, lots of dumb kids will get them, and many unfinished projects will be started. Much like 240sx' when F&F came out. On the other hand, maybe we'll all get some screamin' deals on semi-finished projects.

Oh, and the first one looks like Shia LeBeouf is saying, "What's a carburetor? I don't even see the motor, there's no big plastic cover with a logo on it!" :)

not sure if any of you remember but there were several 280zx transformers back in the origional show... blue streak, silver streak, smoke screen and prowl..

so why havent we seen any 350/370Z's yet?? WTF?? pretty lame..

that would be cool if the 510 transformed into a GTR or somethin hehe

How do you guys know all this? I barely remember the transformers. Oh wait! I was busy rebuilding an L16, swapping a 510 head onto my L20B transplanted 521, replacing broken flywheel bolts, swapping an F4W63..... :lol: Guess I just didn't bond with them.

Transformers: More than meets the eye! Hell yeah, that jingle is etched into my brain. I used to have a kick-ass Optimus Prime, don't know what happened to that.

from what I have read so far, it looks like he comes out and the car won't start on purpose to embarrass him, which is why he is kicking at the engine. so far it looks like it's going to be more of a joke and make datsuns look bad...... on the other hand tho, from what they have shot so far and what has leaked out, why would they need two of them for that scene? Haven't seen any pics or vids of the dimes anywhere other than in front of the museum that was converted for the shot or near the transports. so there has to be more scenes for it to be in and just hasn't been caught or shot yet...as in...get all the shots done that they need before any possible damage could happen from actually driving them...hopefully, some more stuff will be leaked out as filming continues. there are some action shots of the nascar type cars racing through chicago...but none with the dimes yet....