75 620 Lil' Hustler

Figured out my speedo problem. Not that it was far off, but was off enough to show me going slower than i really was by 7 or 8 mph. The cable at the back of the speedo was loose causing the cable to slip at higher speeds.

Tightened it up about 2.5 turns and speedo is back on with my gps.

Ordered an aftermarket water pump without the clutch and electric fan. Also got new rubber bumpers for my hood so it will stop wobbling down the road.

Also picked up a Kenwood HD Radio for it.

Next thing is to get the intake and exhaust manifold on then the new weber! Smog crap be gone! :-)

Umm did i forget anything?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a few more things from the wrecking yard. The straightest tailgate ive seen in years. No dents at all and only surface rust.

fca2e317.jpg

Also picked up factory intermittent wipers from a 78 kc.

0cd66b8e.jpg

And lastly an ElDizzy

ad45a972.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Well as you can see its been a while since I been on here posting, but with work comes little time to do anything. I was fortunate enough to have a 4 day weekend to do a little more work to the truck. Nothing has changed otherwise. Got the 5 speed all installed from the 78 truck I got it from and it shifts smooth and is nice and quiet. :-) I can do 90 on the freeway and have more to go, but not going to push it. I also used the straight shifter from a 280Z? (found in a truck, but I know it wasnt from the truck). I had to set my center tray/console back about an inch and a half to accomodate the straight stick...

I drove it 320 miles round trip 2 times without a problem til this last one. Transmission is great, but not sure why my idle rpm has all of a sudden decided to rev at 1600 rpm and not lower. Ive checked everything from vacuum to linkage and cant find anything obvious.

Im only a little concerned at this time because im waiting to put the new exhaust and intake on with the weber, but still need it to drive for a few weeks. Any ideas?

The yellow tailgate in the prior post bolted up nicely and I stole the white inner gate cover off the 79 KC to put on the tailgate.Worked out perfect.

The intermittent wipers went right in and worked perfect also.

Im not sure if there is a write-up here on how to revive dead wiper/washer motors, but I took a stab at one a couple weeks back and took pictures. I will look around and post it if I cant find one...

• 1 month later...

Took a couple days to myself to spend with my truck, but everything went so smooth, only spent 1 whole day doing my conversion. I removed the stock intake/exhaust manifolds and carb from the truck, replaced them with a 510 intake/exhaust from an older model without all the smog crap and also got the new Weber on. Pictures below...

c5abc797.jpg

<BR>

6cf8e585.jpg

<br>

7188945d.jpg

<BR>

3a5d28fb.jpg

<BR>

d8bdbba1.jpg

<BR>

IMG_0023.jpg

• 1 month later...

ratsun21.jpg

I was re-reading my thread and noticed my rims on the back of the truck were counter clockwise. Went to see if the morons at the tire place put the rotation backwards on the tires, but they were correct. So I just had them fix it so the rims and tires were all spinning the correct way. Ughh!

Finally got my new gauges and tach. Mounted the oil pressure gauge and volt meter on top of the center console to hide the existing holes and the tach behind the dash in the OEM hole. These are the Glowshift Gauges that chave multiple colors and will also change colors. They look sweet, just got to wait till its dark to see them in the truck lit up...

30595627.jpg

ebe98b40.jpg

This video shows the different colors the gauges cycle through. First setting is the immediate color change, second setting is the fade and then I just run through the colors real quick... The colors look much better in person than what my camera can see.

th_873B8F37-FD98-4F40-B62A-837E51D62BA3-4022-000004D741EE13DF-1.jpg

Can you share the model number of that tach? I believe id rather have that than the OEM one. Looks like it fits like a glove!

Thanks

MantisX

I got my tach from here. Mine is the 7 Color Tinted, but I dont see it listed anymore. They others though...

http://stores.ebay.com/GlowShift-Gauges?_rdc=1

Also not, I had to make a bracket behind it for it to stay in place and also had to remove the mount from the tach with a grinder to fit. Wasn't alot of work, but just so you know...

Truck is in good shape! I agree, just buff it up and it will look great! Please don't rattle can it like the previous owner to my truck did.

Thanks, Im going to have to rattle it primer for a while before it goes to paint, only to keep the rust from spreading and getting worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Been using this poor thing as a work tuck lately. Trying my best not to beat her up too bad....

Got the bucket seats in, switched out tailgate and primed, switched left front fender and door.

uhm, what else, oh built a makeshift ladder rack. Used old metal bed frames, lol! But it works and works great too...

also been using the Datsun Truck Bed Trailer with it, people take a double look around here, like they've never seen a Datsun pulling a Datsun!!! Oh yeah, fabbed up a temp hitch off a grand Cherokee...

pics later...

• Like 1

Ok, kinda hard to see, but here's the seats...

3bc3143dc72921af5bccba2785009ca7_zpsfe20

heres part of the ladder rack...

0d568d4fa3fa9a07a8de9b528e5ded7e_zpsb9bb

the straight, not rusted tailgate...

5a4b386a2265200d27b6fe2ee1e62993_zps5fe2

and with trailer...

8ae40b1f32401a2c8c0992172cd12e63_zpsdf75

Gonna slip a spare H190 under the trailer so I got 6 lugs all way around and descent looking rims, plus better hauling capacity...

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

that is pretty awesome. i'd love to add a hitch to my 620. Is there any that bolt directly on or are we looking at custom fab'd ones only?

Sorry, been away for a while. Work been keeping me extremely busy..

I believe U-Haul can order a hitch for them. Almost $200 I was quoted.

• Like 1

Lately truck has been getting beat, but im trying not to let it get too bad...

Hopefully soon I can get another truck for work so I can finish this project!!!

Going to be pulling the cab and bed off this truck and dropping it all on a 79 KC frame.

The 75 cab will undergo a mod to a king cab...

When all is said and done, the only unknown issue I will have to deal with is driveline.

The 79 chassis had an auto trans in it, and I will be using my 5 speed on this chassis. So I wondfer if I can use the same driveline from the 79? or do I have to get another one, or adapt it somehow...

• Like 1