1969 datsun kingcab project

Wayne, the bumperettes look good. The tailight style looks good, but i think they need to loose the riser piece. As little bracketry as possible to get them on the truck. And last, i really do not like the license plate in that spot, just seems like it needs to be in the space between the bumperettes.

But these are just my opinions, and it is your truck. :)

Looking forward to seeing it lowered a bit and some new wheels on it, maybe some factory nissan wheels. :D Opinion again, sure hope it doesnt get slotted mags.

• Like 1
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Yellow620, I have not thrown the 4X4 frame away, I might put another 521 cab on it with a VG30 in it, there wont be any oilpan issues with the strait axle. I agree about the lic. plate, I have another set of painted black brackets on the 47 chevy PU that might get traded out for the chrome ones, and then I can cut the lic. plate bracket off the painted one and put the plate in the middle. It will get stock wheels with stock hubcaps. Beleave it or not I already have 3" lowering blocks in the back, I might have to find some unarched leaf springs.

• Like 1

Hi there everyone, this is what it ended up looking like, I took a hint from one of my ratsun brothers(yello620) and kept it simple, took half the day to keep it simple, raised the bumperettes to remove the gap that was there. Still need to wire the lights, but I think it looks good. The lic. plate will go in the gap between the bumpers. wayno

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there everyone, I finally was able to get the taillights working after over 4 hours, I was having to use a converter because the brakes and turn signals are separate on early 720s(1982 720 harness) and I am using 47 threw 53 chevy PU taillights which have combined brake/turn signal. The reason it took so long, there was a loose wire before or at the harness plug, and when I would start to tuck everything up in there the left turn/brake would quit working, I am sure the neighbors were laughing at me everytime it quit working again, the more time I put into it, the more I was talking to myself and cussing.:lol: I hope it doesn't take as long to mount the lic. plate and it's light. :unsure: wayno

• Like 2

Those lights look great. I bet it takes 8 hours to mount & wire the License plate light after being so frazzled from the tail lights! LOL Wayno you amaze me with how much you get done so quickly. Keep up the good work.

I will work on getting you some pictures of the ranger door weatherstrips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Why did you revive this thread.:lol: :lol: :lol: I need to post the updated photos now, the mirrors are not sticking out so far now, and it has matching tires/rims also. I just looked, no oics. of what it looks like today, i'll have to get a few in the next couple days.

• Like 1

Love what you did with this truck ... also really liked where it was headed with the 4x4 stuff (honestly, I was half hoping to see that get finished and read a post along the lines of "and now that it's done, I'm fed up ... anyone want to buy it?" ... not sure what I'd tell the fiancee about it, but I might have had to find a way to make it work).

But, really great job ... can't wait to see updated pics of where the truck is at today.

• Like 1

Next thing I need to do is put a muffer system on the truck, right now it has a temporary one wired in there that hits on everything, after that is taken care of I will try to lower it a little more, took it on the freway a couple days ago, it got a little warm and the tires are out of balance. It also needs new shocks around, I put some better used ones on the front, it made it better, but the back is still a rubber ball. Theres a big differance in getting something presentable and usable. wayno

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it is funny how other projects get in the way when you get the one your working on far enough that it won't rust, actually the NL320 I bought from mike got in this ones way, then the MGTD, and now it is another one, but I am going to get this one going so I can DD it, as the 720 diesel needs the rebuilt engine in the livingroom put in, but I have no time.:blink::lol:

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I have been driving this truck at least every other day, around town the water temp isn't an issue, but when I get on the freeway it starts heating up, at least I think it is, the fuel gauge doesn't read correct, I am out of fuel when the gauge reads 1/4 tank, so now I wonder about the temp. I had a new core put in the radiator(3 row), no differance, new thermostat also. It has a clutch fan that is about a inch away from the cores, but no cowl, but it doesn't run warm idling, just on the freeway. I just thought about something to say here, because someone was asking where this thread was.:lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I tore into the rearend today, I changed the rear gearing fron 389s to 354s, it's a little slow off the line the first couple seconds, then hauls ass for a nissan 720 diesel. I can get 20mph in first now. :lol:

DSCN0077-1.jpg

I also bought a set of tires today, I am to lazy to make the effort of looking for a great deal, I went to Les Schwab, it seemed to quiet the ride down a little, the tires that were on it were dually axle tires from way back, they actually had cracks in the sidewalls, but still held air. I was so confident using them, I carried two spares. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My new tires, one of them anyway. :)

DSCN0083-1.jpg

• Like 1