1969 datsun kingcab project

Hi there, I talked to the bodyman/painter yesterday to buy the paint(starving artist :unsure:) and today to see if he needed help moving the box back, and he told me it was already moved back(I wanted to see it:( ), He told me the door jams, back, and top were going to be painted tomarrow morning, :) and the rest on saterday.:) I was told I can pick up the truck sunday morning.:lol: I have not seen it in a while,:( and am calmly waiting to see what it looks like,:unsure: it turns out it is going to be the same red as my red 720 datsun dually.:) I like that color, some of my friends tell me that there are other colors than red,:( and I tell them there right, theres candyapple red, fire engine red, and blood red. :D When I get it sunday, i'll post some pictures.:) I am hoping to drive it to the bluelake meet, but it will be far from done.:( If I have to I will trailer it there, :( Until sunday, i'll just imagine what it is going to look like. :rolleyes: wayno

Wow that is a lot of smilies! All I wanted to say was you best have some oics as SOON as you get the truck back.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's finally home, I went and picked it up today. :D It looks pretty good for finding the guy on craigslist, he did all the finishing bodywork and painted it. As you can see it ended up being the same color as the 1980 datsun diesel 720 dually, I like the color. Now I get to start putting it together, first thing is to put the mid 80s toyota strait axle under the front, then I'll have 6 lug all around. Then comes the running lights front and back, I am going to put temp. tail lights till I decide whats going to be perm. I'll get it drivable for the bluelake show. I hope to get most of the outside stuff done before the show. wayno

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

I love what you have done. Since it's a diesel, and a stepside, it is begging for twin chrome stacks! Also a turbo would be extra cool! :cool:

^^ What he said! it will be like a mini big truck . Kinda reminds me of the old dodge red truck model thing that I always saw.

this looks sweeettt....why not use the original bed? ive never been a fan of that type of bed.BUT ITS NOT MY TRUCK RIGHT ?...hahahaha nice job man..keep the pics comin... :D

wayne that baby looks great, glad you were in the hood so i could check it out...wait you live a block away your always in the hood..lol it looks like a fun ride good job keep it up... :D

i dont know why i quoted refresh ....i guess i hit the wrong reply...duh....

Thanks guys, I just don't see twin stacks on it, and I would hate to make a hole in them running boards, Lawrance has the twin stacks covered anyway on his 521 diesel, I still need an exhuast system, but I need to figure out if this one is getting the turbo or my 720 diesel dually. I have the VE type injection pump(I bought and shipped a hole engine from australia for it)and also have the turbo, but I do not understand how this pump is supplied with fuel, it has no lift pump that I can see. I am going to have to go to the injection pump shop and get more info before I proceed with the turbo. I do not beleave I am going to get the toyota frontend on it before the bluelake show, To much to fab, maybe I'll go to woodys and see if they have something and see if I can afford it. I'll try to get the front (grill,and all asso.)together tomarrow and take a couple pics. wayno

The front jeep axle under the truck right now is coming out, a toyota axle(6 lug) is going to replace it. Right now 31" tires are on the front and 33" tires are on the back, whats on the rear will be all the way around. The post of mine before this one, shows the front susp. mounts, first time I have ever done front mounts. wayno

\DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0308-1.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0309-1.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

Hi there John, Yes I am, I refuse to use some kind of cable to shut it off, or hold a button to warm up the glow plugs. When ever I see a datsun diesel/parts on craigslist or parts(wiring componets) on ebay I buy them up if I can afford them. I have extra of everything, although I have had the componets act funny sometimes, none have ever quit yet. Do you have a diesel wiring harness in your truck? wayno

Hi there John, Yes I am, I refuse to use some kind of cable to shut it off, or hold a button to warm up the glow plugs. When ever I see a datsun diesel/parts on craigslist or parts(wiring componets) on ebay I buy them up if I can afford them. I have extra of everything, although I have had the componets act funny sometimes, none have ever quit yet. Do you have a diesel wiring harness in your truck? wayno

Yes I do. The factory controls are the only way to go. I wanted it so my wife could get in the truck wait for the glow plug light to go out then start it. Simplerolleyes.gif

Yes I do. The factory controls are the only way to go. I wanted it so my wife could get in the truck wait for the glow plug light to go out then start it. Simplerolleyes.gif

Hi there John, Stock wiring harness with all the componets, is there another way? :D LOL Have you wired your wiper motor yet? I figured out how to use the stock motor and I even have the wiper delay.:) What steering collum did you use, I used the stock diesel 720 one, plug and play.:) The heater motor control is a little system(stand alone) all by itself,:) but the wiper motor isn't,:( all the wires are there, but none of the like colored wires go together except the ground wire, I smoked 2 wiper delay units before I got it right. :( I put the mirrors on today, "small" big truck mirrors, I drilled holes in my perfect doors, :unsure: I'll get some pics. in a little while. wayno

man, you have too many nice rides. the mini and is that a chevy apache in the garage?

Hi there Alleycat, your right, I have tooooo many cars,::D :LOL It is a 1947 chevy 3/4 longbed commercial truck with a 350 V8, at, ps, pb, tilt wheel, with a 1969 chevy 12 bolt posi with 355 gears. I even have a TPI setup for it, but I am scared i'll smoke the ECU trying to wire it.:blink: The mini is awesome, it gets 40mpg when I keep my foot out of it. What happened here, this is a datsun forum, isn't it? :lol: wayno