1969 SSS Rusty Bird Coupe

Finished the drivers floor today along with some added nuts for 3 point seat belt harness.

lasvagas11_3174.jpg

lasvagas11_3179.jpg

I took a chunk of an old 510 I cut up months ago. All 510s have extra seat belt nuts for Seat belts not offered.

lasvagas11_3176.jpg

lasvagas11_3181.jpg

lasvagas11_3182.jpg

There is a hole just behind the factor seatbelt nut, I make that hole in to a square with a carbide bit

lasvagas11_3177.jpg

lasvagas11_3178.jpg

Weld the nut plug into the hole and bam a third nut for retracting 3 point seat belts

no pics :(

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shit james and vic. my car is a hunk of shit and im gonna go light it on fire :lol:

lookin good guys!!!

No lighting cars on fire damn it

Sometimes I just want to burn my shop to the ground, but i wont, because i will b 2 busy taking more pics and getting more shit done :hyper:

added to signature quote!! :D

Very nice

Back to it, been busy and haven't done much for awhile. Went to a swapmeet then over to Vegas (which I don't remember much of). Now home and a massive work schedule. This after noon is the first time I have really worked in the shop in what feels like forever.

Vic jumped into the sanding of the floors while I was working and then we tag teamed them when i got home. Once sanded I seam sealed everything, and started blacking it all out.

lasvagas11_3329.jpg

lasvagas11_3333.jpg

lasvagas11_3331.jpg

lasvagas11_3330.jpg

lasvagas11_3335.jpg

lasvagas11_3336.jpg

lasvagas11_3339.jpg

lasvagas11_3340.jpg

lasvagas11_3343.jpg

These bad boys are ready to be installed

lasvagas11_3345.jpg

I always use Benjamin Moore Iron Clad on sand blasted metal and some sanded metal, It is a great product and price right $50 gallon

But when I want to drive something soon I use other products. This stuff kicked ass.

$40 a quart

lasvagas11_3372.jpg