A14 distributer to a L18?

NWOleman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked at the A14 dizzy as an option for the E1. Since the L series fits in the E1 with just a coupling swap, I thought maybe the A14 would too. NOPE! The pin hole in the dizzy shaft is actually in a different place. It appeared that the rest of it was close enough, but you'd have to be able to drill a new pin hole in the shaft to swap couplings. Not worth it my cause. Not worth it in your case since it's points to points.

NWold man

what did you order the single point from, Car truck what year.

The pertronix is a direct fit for the sigle point L16 dizzy. with the L16 mount.

You have a L18 in there? or is this a L16 dual point with mount.?

If you get a single point l16 dizzy then the mount will fit otherwise you can have mounting pedastal/timming plate misalignment proplems if you order say a single point L20 dizzy.

why I say this is I tried to order some l16 68-69 dizzys and they were all gone.

If carquest has the 68-69 dizzys then your in luck.But I think the L18 went with a different mount but Im not positive. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!!OR ordering. Most time youll just get the dizzy with not timming playe and it wont fit with what you have.

if ordered a L20 single point dizzy the Ring aboove the point lobe must be ground off otherwise the magnet ring in the kit will not fit over.photo is L20 single point.

If you get a L16 one its self explainitory to install the kit.

PS use the stock coil and ballst resistor with a Pertronix

HPIM0255 (2)_thumb.jpg

HPIM0260_thumb.jpg

Heinz, im not sure what was ordered. I'm having the whole car rewired, new GM alt., MSD box, headlight to taillights. The guy doing it ordered it from the numbers stamped on the side of the distributer and he is really knowledgable. I'm stoked bout it! New gauges, switch's, and wiring!Custom made dash out of what else, Diamond Plate! Sweet!Thanks for the info guys.

those Matchboxes?????????hang?

I guess I could look huh!!!!!

beware some have cheap electrics but beck arnely is the better brand

yep thems the ones, looks good from the stock photo, also used the disc# 813615708391 off the BBlist and saved $4.

if its not quality, it has a 30day refund (or ill use my lifetime from kragen :D )

looks like the same one i already have, but for the price a spare is cheap ins.

The thing is i need it this week.

why??

1967 coronet, 64 tempest, 52 duece & half, 73 610 wagon, 78 & 87 4x4 gmc, 56 bel air

looks like the 73 610 uses the same as a 510 dual point(SAME PEDASTAL/timming plate)!!!!!!)this is importand. so I hope your new dizzy is a L16 single point then fit the pertronix on there.Done . and use the ballast resistor and the stock coil!!!!!!!!!!(important also)

A Pertronix as you know will NOT fit a dual point dizzy no materr what you try. I know the point lobes are small also so the magnet ring will not fit on there anyways.