two door conversion

I was wondering if anyone has done it here to a 510?

I know of one person who said all you need to do is move the B pillar back and put on 2 door sedan doors in then

cut the rear doors in half and weld them back together to the correct length then place it in the gap then weld it in

place.

anymore info would be greatly appricated

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can also pull the quarter panel outer skin and swap it from a 2dr (as well as swapping or moving the b-pillar), but I suppose those would be pretty hard for you to source. Either way it's a lot of work and a lot of possible ways to screw things up badly. I'd highly suggest getting the car operating as a 4dr and enjoy it, rather than attempt such a big project. I know I'd rather have a drivable dime, than the one sitting as a never ending project that I can't enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Leave a 4-door a 4-door. There are so many reasons to not go down the dark path that leads to an abandoned Datsun project. Appreciate your 510/1600 for what it is :)

I used to want a 2-door sedan something fierce, but the more I look at em, the more it seems fitting that the sedan version has 4-doors.. Something about a 2-door sedan just seems.. off.. Not bashing or putting down 2-door sedans; I'd still own one. But I wouldn't trade the functionality and aesthetics a 4-door for one.

A Coupe on the other hand.. well, that's a thing of beauty that is unopposed in style and elegance.

Just my .02.

The slope on the back of a coupe is pretty cool,hate those fender mirrors though.Well micro I feel just the opposite of you as far as the two and four doors are concerned,but I guess thats why they made both. And thats what makes the world go round. I bet we both agree those nissan cubes are fugly?

The slope on the back of a coupe is pretty cool,hate those fender mirrors though.Well micro I feel just the opposite of you as far as the two and four doors are concerned,but I guess thats why they made both. And thats what makes the world go round. I bet we both agree those nissan cubes are fugly?

Yes!

st_howto_f.jpg

Call me crazy. But I always wanted a three door car. One door on the driver side to look cool. And two on the passenger side. For the kids and wife and stuff... No?

Like a 4 door chevelle converted into 3 or a 510 or something...

4 door 510 is better looking/stronger.

510 2 door is a cheap BMW 2002

510 4door is a BMW M5

buy a 2door they comeup for sale. just pay more.

4 door better looking.Someones been smokin the banzai tree.