My wheels....bored with them

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chrome lips look real good on cars but such high maintenance and evertody has them

i think you should paint the bumpers to match the wheels! They look good on your silver car. Try white wheels if you want more maintenance! almost impossible.

I painted 2 wheels with black rattle can rustoleum......... and it looked good for 2 weeks, but if I even touch the paint with a lug wrench it chips off

If you can use a tough, higher quality paint,,,, go for it........ just sand, and do good prep work first

Black wheels will look sick on your car

I'd leave the wheels alone, the coating from the factory is going to be a LOT stronger at withstanding cleaners than anything you'd be painting it with. The gray looks fine.

As far as the factory finish....its not there anymore. I painted the centers awhile ago with that duplicolor gunmetal rim paint so Im not worried about that

I painted 2 wheels with black rattle can rustoleum......... and it looked good for 2 weeks, but if I even touch the paint with a lug wrench it chips off

If you can use a tough, higher quality paint,,,, go for it........ just sand, and do good prep work first

Black wheels will look sick on your car

Did you use the rustomleum wheel paint or just regular rustoleaum

I'd leave em if they were mine. You're gonna get bored w/ anything after a matter of time. Better to be bored than to be pissed at yourself for doing something you wished you hadn't. My 2 cents.

I think they look good how they are, but if you REALLY can't stand them, just sell em and get something different.

put stock rims and hubcaps!!!!!!!!!!make it look more like a sleeper

Ha ha you crack me up Hainz....you see there could be a downfall to doing that. If I had a sleeper car I would always want to try racing people for the thrill of seeing their face....and tickets are expensive

I saw your car at Canby, if it is the same one. I would change them, sometimes that could make the difference you are looking for. I'm having the same problem with mine, tired of them, but they fit great, and a good set of wheels is not cheap.

I saw your car at Canby, if it is the same one. I would change them, sometimes that could make the difference you are looking for. I'm having the same problem with mine, tired of them, but they fit great, and a good set of wheels is not cheap.

Ya it was at Canby....I think I may....flt black one out and see f its what I like....polished lip looks good but maybe on meshies or jdm rims ....maybe my next set

How about painting the spokes black like the bumper, then color match the lip to the body color? Could get one of the guys here to photoshop it real quick on a couple diff ideas?

Thats an idea but to paint the lips body color...that would be a task to find a smoke grey paint durable enough as the premade rim paint avaiable.....satin black is coming....tommorow..I think