Factory Disc brake rearends?

NWOleman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '80-'83 200sx had rear disc brakes on a solid rear axle but it is a coil spring set up if you are thinking of an axle swap. The disc has the right bolt pattern and the caliper has a built in E-brake too. There is a four bolt backing plate that mounts to the axle tube and holds the caliper.

When I took the axles out, the backing plate won't slide off the axle because the wheel bearing is in the way. The bearing would have to be remover first. Jason Wong has them now I think. He's the guy to see about pictures of it. He has plans to do the same thing, see him.

The first Nissan trucks with rear disc brakes were the '87 WD-21 Pathfinder with 7.84" rears, it is a coil spring rear too, but has the monster H233 ring gear. The D21 had 10" drums

Pathfinder WD-21 rear discs and H233 rear end. (note coil spring)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/DSC01183.jpg[/img]"]DSC01183.jpg

The pathfinder with Sport Package option and VG30 TBI had an optional 4.475 LSD, the automatic was a 4.625 LSD. The D21 Hard Body w/VG30 TBI automatic had 4.375 LSD (but no rear discs)

Mike- I've always been under the impression that the H233 was a 9.18" ring gear, have I been wrong all this time?

I would look into a mid 80s corolla or early supra rear end, LOTS of parts available (gearsets and LSDs) and factory disc brakes, but again, its a link and coil setup so you'll have to chop all of that off and add leaf spring perches, or convert your car to 4-link :cool: you could even save the swaybar from the yota too :D