KA24E swap into Roadster

I just picked up a 90 240SX cheap and thought I would put the engine in the Roadster - I'm sure it has been done, anyone have any info and pictures. I see alot of swaps out there but none address the KA24E in any detail. Thanks Steve

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats true my friend is doing a ka24det on a 70 roadster i sold him n if it runs good i'll do the same. let me know how ur project goes the driveshaft slides right in the ka tranny without cutting.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah thats true my friend is doing a ka24det on a 70 roadster i sold him n if it runs good i'll do the same. let me know how ur project goes the driveshaft slides right in the ka tranny without cutting.

Isn't the '70 Roadster called a 240Z? laugh.gif

looked at 311s.org and didn't see where it said anything about the ka swap. It has a heading, but nothing under it. So where is it on the site? Thanks

The swap section is hidden to unregistered members.

You need to sign-up for membership and then you will be able to see the swap section.

The swap section is hidden to unregistered members.

You need to sign-up for membership and then you will be able to see the swap section.

Ok tried to register - this is got to be one of the most difficult sites I have ever had to deal with. I finally found where to register, then filled it all out - but could not anwser the anit-bot question. So never did get registered. I think it will be easier to put the engine in the roadster. I am mor mechanical then computer smart. But thanks for the help. Steve

should just be able to type datsun roadster in for the answer

That is what I thought - I tried datsun -datsun roadster - 311's - 310/311's - I will try again and see - LOL

Ok tried again (datsun roadster) and no way anti bot thing again - I hate things like this becuase it alway make me fell like I have no idea what I am doing, then come to find out it will be something stupid or the server was down :) - Like I said I will just put the engine in and start from scratch, i don't like following rule anyway -

Thanks - That looks good in there. Doesn't look like he had to cut his front cross member? Make it a little easier, the oil filter I can relocate so that should be easy. I will looking for the guy - guess he isn't on the site anymore that was some years ago. But I will have to get this engine out and get busy. if like anything else it will take some time as I always have 20 irons in the fire. Thanks for your help in finding the info - it sure will help - Steve

Isn't the '70 Roadster called a 240Z? laugh.gif

in 1970, Datsun sold both the 240z and the roadster. 1970 was the last year the roadster was produced. :)

I am planning on swapping a KA24E into my '68 roadster. should be pretty darn fun! I have everything i need to do it, now i just have to find the time... :/

I look forward to seeing this project progress, if you decide to do it!!!