200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have a source/fix  for a 1980 200sx rubber shifter boot that goes under the decorative leather boot? I've got pieces of one to match up. The inside of my new old car. Reeks of burning oil, even when it's cold. Took the console out and put it in my garage...now my garage smells like burning oil.  Solved the source of the burning oil...valve cover gasket. Have yet to solve the wind and odor issue coming thru the hole. The whole interior will need cleaning.Tried a round aftermarket Mr. Gasket boot but it split in no time because it was too short and the boot pulled the trans out of gear on deacceleration.

I've been trying a number of solutions.

I've already tried my local Nissan dealer chick (who is really good) and Nissan parts zone for a shift boot for my 80 200SX and they both said "disco". Like they say, "disco sucks!"

The ones currently on Ebay are not orig to a 1980, they're either earlier or later. Tried a round Mr. Gasket after-market and it split within a week.

Currently I'm trying to find a larger square based Mr. Gasket or Hurst boot with a round hole for the shift lever that I can screw/silicone to the top of the tunnel.

So far no find. May be hitting the Eagle Rock swap meet this weekend, &/or the yards for an alternate application.

There is an 86 200SX and an 88 200SX SE V6 in one of our local yards.  Without going too crazy, does anybody need anything?  (seeker, PM sent!). 

I just sold an 84 200SX Turbo, cuz I lost storage, but the guy has been working on it, and driving it daily, so at least it went to a great home!!

I confirmed with local Nissan dealer and Nissanpartszone.com shift boot # 74963-P2010 is no more, disco, discontinued, zilch, nada.

Off to the Eagle rock swap Sunday meet for me. If I can't find something to cover it or something that fits, I figure I might just make a round sheetmetal plate to cover the oval hole and possibly use a 620 round boot?

• 4 weeks later...