• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I sold my beautiful 200sx over a year ago (the one below). I managed to get $2,100.00 for it. There is one in Dallas for $1,900.00 that looks interesting (although the brown 70's "ugh" colors are rather awful versus the clean black interiors I am used to). By the way, the Yellow one in Phoenix that someone bought was definitely the Tucson Yellow 200sx being sold over 2 years ago. In looking at the pics, it looked great from 10 feet, but getting closer showed some flaws. The door jambs were not cleanly painted. The interior had pieces also that were worn.

2z6uubl.jpg

My present runner.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't believe this thread is still goin...

Some of you might remember me from page 4..... I had posted three S12's I've had (two of which I still have), one of which was this car:

chillaxin.jpg

blue_luv_01.jpg

blue_luv_02.jpg

KA24DE swapped w/ S13 long tube header and S13/14 transmission.

engine_done.jpg

Since then... it's undergone some changes...

Bluetone_1.jpg

Bluetone_2.jpg

Bluetone_3.jpg

Bluetone_4.jpg

Bluetone_5.jpg

width=1024 height=768http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/arrospeed/S12_Tech/Bluetone_6.jpg[/img]

Gone are the Celica Supra wheels, replaced with 15x7 offset zero Konig Rewinds. I got them from a member here for a super cheap deal. I run 195/55's on the front and 205/55's on the rear. That's about as close to "staggered" as I will get. Frankly, I am done with the whole "drifter bucket" look, and I have no interest in trying to make my car look like it's from a decade it isn't. These are about as fancy as I will ever get, and the tire fitment is good. 205 is plenty of traction for my power level.

I got rid of the ugly plastic S13 intake, and replaced it with an aluminum S13 instead instead.

Bluetone_7.jpg

Clearances are tight, and I needed to shorten the return length at the throttle body. All the barbs I needed for vac connections were already on this intake, which made it easier. It would clear the hood completely if I was still using a flat hood, but the bulge hood has the extra reinforcement skeleton sections and one of them just barely touches the intake. Nothing serious, I'm going to put some thin black adhesive foam cushiony stuff on the underside of the hood where it touches. Note that I have an E-fan, only about an inch or so thick, which is also helpful in fitting this thing right. The intake came with a variety of mounting brackets, and just one was all I needed... bent it a bit and it works fine. Other than the e-fan and the minor hood bumping, it was reasonable.

Front suspension are custom adjustable height coilovers, rears are cut springs believe it or not.

Anyways it's nice to see this thread is still active as of this month, and I figured I had a good update to post here. Gonna send over some more peeps from C-S12 to show you what we got ;)

• Like 1

oh oh, me next!

'87 SE-V6 model, swapped with a VG33ER from an 02 Xterra.

IMG_20110615_111610.jpg

IMG_20110412_165749.jpg

DSCF3100.jpg

before the hood lol

f1d8a63c.jpg

the new steering wheel

IMG_20110830_115528.jpg

IMG_20110204_170330.jpg

th_VID_20110130_170453-1.jpg

It's currently undergoing a rebuild right now. Machined crank, cleaned out the internals, put a slightly bigger cam in it, smaller pulley on the blower, and I'm going to install a water/meth kit. Eventually I'll work out multi-link suspension and get it sitting right.

This is my '87 200SX SE-V6. It's a rare slicktop SE with no sunroof. It's just about to hit 150k miles. The original owner was a Mobil 1 dealer and it's had nothing but synthetic fluids since new. The car was found on CL in Fort Collins Colorado by my friend Dennis who flew us both out there to drive it home in the middle of February a couple years ago. Almost all of the current mods were done by us at my shop while he owned the car. I bought it around Christmas 2012 with a blown up five speed. I really haven't had time to work on it much, my only major project so far was swapping in the current transmission and aluminum flywheel. I'm mostly just driving the shit out of it and loving every mile! 

2013-03-28_18-37-00_797_zps77e8c92c.jpg

Some of the mods:

MSD6AL & Blaster 2 Coil tripped by a PRW-2 transistor

Fidanza 11 pound aluminum flywheel

Z31T clutch

5 speed swap (factory automatic car)

Test-Pipe

Borla XR-1 Muffler w/custom SS tips 

Tokico Illumina front inserts

T/C Kit  :thumbup: lol

Solid steering rack mount

Infiniti J30 front rotors on late Z31 hubs w/J30 calipers & PBR Metal Master pads

Late Z31 rear suspension arms and brakes (vented rotors) with PBR Metal Master pads 

225/50/16 Yokohama S.drives

Bangin' stereo 

Coming soon:

Factory rear mud flaps & pods

CV mesh wheels (BBS-ish)

Spherical bearings in the rear diagonal arms

Addco rear sway bar

Nismo 3.7:1 R200CLSD

Top mount turbo with Z31T electronics

2013-03-25_19-08-02_54_zps94057525.jpg

• Like 1