200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont feel like using the crappy ebay shorty header but looking for that last ounce of power?

Nissan competition/ dp racing header fits s10 200sx's with just a little massaging of one of the tubes to get around the steering box, just a bit of a dent in. Griping about dents? Watch the youtube episode on engine masters where they destroy a set of headers.

The port size on the ebay/top end performance header is a joke, barely fits my thumb through the flange but the real header is built for ported heads.

I expect a 10-15 hp gain from this swap.

IMG_20170114_1845022_zpsz8zvupkl.jpg

The only downside is that its a cunt to get in, i ended up unbolting the motor mounts jacking up the motor and shoving it over to snake it in.

The intake ports are stained blue from race gas and av gas.

Why?

Because the ports in the ebay header flange is about one square inch, whereas this one is huge and has larger/equal length tubes..

Just another massive improvement on the exhaust on a built motor, the ebay header i had on was probibly worse than stock.

The port match was extremely bad. But with the new header its perfect. The intakes also going to have a meeting with the die grinder, i believe that is my other bottleneck right now.

• 2 months later...

I finally finished paint on my 78, new rear seat cover..

datsunred1_zpsvorx2amh.jpg

datsunseat_zpsercpdsis.jpg

20170319_115350_zpscngryymi.jpg

20170319_115402_zps0rndfapl.jpg

20170319_115411_zpsobc16vio.jpg

20170319_115423_zpstooag54z.jpg

20170319_115430_zpsif8jts5h.jpg

20170319_115438_zps9awtdwoo.jpg

20170319_115443_zpsdza2ztqt.jpg

IMG_20170319_215532_906_zps50uaxwin.jpg

its for sale, I was asking more than $4K (extra deal for a ratsun member). Weber carb and runs good. Still needs minor things, some new weatherstripping for side glass etc would be nice.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

ArchetypeDatsun

"Pretty soon should be getting a Silvia S10 Grill from Japan it bit of hold up"

Would you please share with me how/where your getting this grill - Man I would really love to get one - same goes with bumpers.  I've searched to the best of ability but have not found anything yet.

Any info/leads on this would be so greatly appreciate!!!  Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

ArchetypeDatsun

"Pretty soon should be getting a Silvia S10 Grill from Japan it bit of hold up"

Would you please share with me how/where your getting this grill - Man I would really love to get one - same goes with bumpers.  I've searched to the best of ability but have not found anything yet.

Any info/leads on this would be so greatly appreciate!!!  Thanks for any help!

Yahoo Japan Auction is where I found mine but unfortunately the grill does not fit.

About the bumpers I'm in the same boat have yet to see any. I know of a guy who has them in Oregon but he wasn't willing to sell them as he knows how hard they are to come by.

ArchetypeDatsun​  Thank you for information.  Really appreciate it.  Sorry to hear your grill doesn't fit - having waited long for delivery I can imagine disappointment.  If I find anything I will be sure to let you know through this forum.  Take Care, Thanks Again, Jesse

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone here know what the necessary steps to swap a KA24DE into a L20B S110 would be?

I'v been searching for info on this car for a while but have found relatively little.

In broad strokes.

Your transmission won't fit the KA and is short 26". The 720 Z series 5 speed 1.5" will fit the KA engine or a KA 5 speed probably from a truck rather than a car but the drive shaft will need shortening to accommodate it. The transmission mount will also need modding to fit this much different transmission.

A truck KA is  probably a better fit as the car KA has a front sump that won't come near clearing the 200sx front cross member. You can cut and flip the cross member around and weld it up.... similar to what is done putting a KA into a 510. Look up 'cross member flip on 510'. You will need to make custom KA engine mounts. The truck engine uses a vertical throttle body but the car intake will fit it.

Car EFI wiring harnesses are separate from the main harness and easier to remove from a 240sx and fit another car. Truck EFI wiring is buried in the truck main harness. You'll need a high pressure fuel pump for the EFI..... OR run without EFI by using a low pressure 3.5 PSI electric fuel pump, L20B distributor and make an adapter plate for the tuck intake and use a carb like a 32/36Weber.

You'll need a larger rad that fits, maybe electric fans.

This KA swap will be very similar to any other 510, 610, 710, A10 car and the same problems. Research KA swaps into any of these cars. (or trucks)

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Any 2nd gen 200SX owners still out there? 

I’ve got a hughe bunch of 1980 SX parts, including a complete Z20E long block from pan to injectors, valve cover, PS, alt, belts, pulleys, ignition, wiring harness, elect components, cross members, head light surrounds and ft corner lights, throttle body, air filter housing, and more. 

Will be at Eagle Rock Swap Meet this Sun, but not bringing any of it unless you PM me first. There’s just not enough of us left to haul it around 😢

• 5 months later...

Well, I don't know if this qualifies as a great find but whatever you want to call it, it's now a member of the family?

IMG-0808.jpg

1985 Nissan 200SX 2 door hatchback coupe.

IMG-0810.jpg

This gentleman was kind enough to part with IT!

IMG-0811.jpg

It has been sitting for quite some time... initial cause for neglect, one blown head gasket. Engine is a CA20(E), bolted to a FS5W71B 5 speed tranny. Not shown is the pieces missing from the front end. Mostly complete, just requires a plethora of TLC.

'Cyclops' comes to mind.... 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Here’s an odd ball question....

I have a 1985 200SX CA20(E) and a 1980 720KC L20B. The question is what parts off of the 200SX will be compatible with the 720?

I would think the 5 spd tranny but would like confirmation. 
Which other parts would work?

Thanks in advance

One is an L and the other a CA series engine. The CA 5 speed will need the L series front case swapped onto it for it to work on an L series engine. I've done this with an '85 CA18ET 5 speed on my 710. This is a mid ratio 5 speed. Your '80 720 transmission is a wide ratio. Not a big deal if used only for transportation.

The block/crank/pistons and rods can replace the L20B parts producing a 'long rod' engine. Swap the L20B head, oil pan, timing cover onto the CA block.

Not much else compatible, nuts and fasteners.

Worth salvaging for others:

Front struts/brakes

Rear disk brakes and rotors

The R-180 rear differential is a 4:11 ratio worth saving.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, datzenmike said:

The block/crank/pistons and rods can replace the L20B parts producing a 'long rod' engine. Swap the L20B head, oil pan, timing cover onto the CA block.

The CA engine uses a timing belt, not a chain. None of the engine parts are swappable. And the CA has powdered-metal rods just waiting to fail, if they haven't already. L/Z engines have forged steel rods, and are a lot tougher. Everything in the bottom of a CA is cheap cast garbage. 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, Rat-a-tat-Dat said:

IMG-0810.jpg

It has been sitting for quite some time... initial cause for neglect, one blown head gasket. Engine is a CA20(E), bolted to a FS5W71B 5 speed tranny. Not shown is the pieces missing from the front end. Mostly complete, just requires a plethora of TLC.

'Cyclops' comes to mind.... 

Love those wheels - they remind me of dice from Dungeons and Dragons!