200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

So it is all running and roadworthy now? I've lost track of your progress. Any chance of a video? I'm kind of sad our SXs are vaguely the same color of blue but your SX is about a million times better than mine. Yeah, I know I could have a cool SX. Just takes time and money.

Len

Bump.

image.jpg1_zps8mtywtzf.jpg

Yup it's been peelin tire all summer! That's not the factory blue. It's been painted once, I this is like an 80's camaro iroc blue or something.

Its time and money... the car has some rust that I need to deal with this winter. Working on getting a vid of a few nitrous pulls

Yeah, mine is a respray with the original tan/beige showing through. And enough rust spots to make it questionable if it is worth restoring. My limited energies have lately been devoted to the 510. Now a 710 goon wants to follow me home. But the SX is way ahead of the F10 on my list of projects.

Looking forward to the vids. Show the world how cool a 1st gen SX can be.

Len

Yup it's been peelin tire all summer! That's not the factory blue. It's been painted once, I this is like an 80's camaro iroc blue or something.

Its time and money... the car has some rust that I need to deal with this winter. Working on getting a vid of a few nitrous pulls

With the fenders cut it reminds me a lot of a kenmeri skyline. I wasn't very fond of this car when I got it, but now I don't think I could let it go, unique looks, great handling and power makes it fun to drive. I can barely drive it to work without someone yelling or giving a thumbs up. That alone makes it worth it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ArchetypeDatsun​ - I'm a fan of this one.  Really nice.  More pics would be great - I like original wheels, hubcaps but would consider those wheels as they look great on this.  Any info on those would also be appreciated.  Yeah I'm saving these pics! 

ArchetypeDatsun​ - I'm a fan of this one.  Really nice.  More pics would be great - I like original wheels, hubcaps but would consider those wheels as they look great on this.  Any info on those would also be appreciated.  Yeah I'm saving these pics!

Thanks, the wheels are off my 810 wagon but since it's been parked for months I put them on the 200sx. The wheels are Racing Eagle and as far as I know I'm the only one in the states with them. Very rare in Japan and there only one size 14x7 0 offset. They have been on my 810 for maybe 6-7 years got them when I bought my 810. There are plenty similar ones out there but these were just over $2000 for 5 wheels total.

• 3 weeks later...

So I will post about it one last time, I have door cards and dash for a S110 not in the best shape but can be saved, next week they go in the dumpster if no one wants them, I need to get rid of them since I will be moving and don't have a use for them since my S110 went up in flames. Also in good shape I have a couple vents and the vent cover for the dash, let me know if anyone has a use for them before I have to throw them away.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the rear side by side the 200sx lineage becomes apparent...

In other news..

510 sway bar fits, with small mods.

It hits on the front crossmember lip, so cut that chunk of shit off.. Dont cut into the double layered stuff though.

IMG_20161127_0823447_zps2iskhjf4.jpg

Drill new mount holes about an inch rearward and use through bolts. You have to trim the sway bar mount bracket slightly to get it rear enough. Theres enough room for a bolt and washer though.

IMG_20161127_0822245_zpscmwzfmen.jpg

IMG_20161127_0823126_zpse5emcqt8.jpg

IMG_20161127_0821565_zps9okhhae5.jpg

Now your s10 200sx wont roll over hard in corners and turn like a BAWS.

• Like 1

Looking at the rear side by side the 200sx lineage becomes apparent...

In other news..

510 sway bar fits, with small mods.

It hits on the front crossmember lip, so cut that chunk of shit off.. Dont cut into the double layered stuff though.IMG_20161127_0823447_zps2iskhjf4.jpg

Drill new mount holes about an inch rearward and use through bolts. You have to trim the sway bar mount bracket slightly to get it rear enough. Theres enough room for a bolt and washer though.IMG_20161127_0822245_zpscmwzfmen.jpgIMG_20161127_0823126_zpse5emcqt8.jpgIMG_20161127_0821565_zps9okhhae5.jpg

Now your s10 200sx wont roll over hard in corners and turn like a BAWS.

Err muah meh gawd, thanks Scott now I can do some suspension mods to the SX.

• Like 1

Ill report on how it handles when the snow is gone, its hella stiff though. I think its going to be good cause with 275 pound springs in the front and the stock sway bar it still felt like it rolled over and picked the inside rear tire off the ground. If this makes the car plow like a dump truck ill stick a ranger ford 8.8 sway bar in the rear of it, or reduce the front spring rate.

With the stock bar i had good front tire temps and wear running 3 degrees of camber, i think i may have to stand them up a little bit more as the car wont be rolling over soo bad. I also need to cut the front of my fenders so i can put more caster in it.

• Like 1