200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

I've got an 1980 S110 hatchback that is so close to being drive ready dependable. But the Air Control cable is really goofy and I can't use the defroster or diagnose the AC. I've already replaced the cable and it moves super free and easy. When the cable is not attached to the control I can pull the cable end with pliers and open and close the air door easier than the others. I can also move the door fairly easy by hand. But no mater how many times I've attached the cable according to the manual, it binds and just barely works, often not opening the door fully. Typically it pops the cable end clamp off and quits working all together. The only other one  I've seen running was broken and disabled, and every one I've seen in a junkyard (3) either has the same problem. Anyone else have any experience or a solution for this?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used a 71b l series front case with the mods to put 71c guts in it and a d21 ka rear half. Its about an inch longer than the dogleg but way stronger.

You will also have to modify your tranny mount or make a new one. The speedo cable is also a little snug with the angle its on.

Your auto may be slightly longer than the dogleg so the stock driveshaft might even work. Mine wont, too long, and theres a ford 8.8 stuffed in the back of it so now i need to make a driveshaft.

My original u joints were roached but the steady bearing was in great shape.

Hello 200SX Enthusiasts!

This is one of my favorites sites and though I rarely post I always check out whats going on.  Appreciate all of the posts and everyone involved.  Like to ask for help if you don't mind  -

I have a pair of 200SX - '79 1 running, manual, with possibility of AC (has AC but of course needs help), really rough as to body but its all there and runs fine.  I have kept this one around for parts if ever needed and at some point I thought of I might swap manual, ac to the '78 I also have.  The '78 is auto, no air but only 40K some miles and is in great shape - no rust, runs perfect. Previously I posted on page 19 of this thread (200sx unite) a couple more pics of the '78

I have always wondered what the value of these cars might be as nothing I can find gives me a good number.  They are rare now so this makes it even more difficult.  Would there be anyone here who might be able to help me put a value on these?  Ballpark is all I need.  I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice you might send my way. 

i just sold my 78 for 2500,  its what i paid over 3 years ago,,, went to a great home,,,was all original, 39000 miles, manual with all the options, even the Clarion stereo lol,  everything worked great, averaged about 32 mpg   was my daily driver    :thumbup:

i think the fun factor of owning these is worth that alone,  If you wanted to do the marketing and research,, they are HOT items in Japan,,,would sell for much more over there with the right buyer 

• Like 1

$100 for the rust free one, $50 for the parts car and I have cash in hand. lol Seriously though, they are rare cars and Japanese imports of this era are seeing a sudden surge in value. The clean car in Maryland for $3000 had me interested. I did not pursue it but I think it was worth nearly that if it was as good as it looks. Ultimately there is no Blue Book value for cars such as these it all comes down to supply and demand and how badly someone wants the car.

Priced vary a lot I bought mine a month ago for $3000 semi local it's a super clean all original 77 200sx autotragic and only has rust on the kick panels, it needed very little love but it's my daily driver. There was a red one in Seattle priced for $700 and much cleaner than mine with 22k original miles 5 speed that sold for $200 no joke. Prices aren't really set and all over the place as there isn't many of them to begin with.

DSC_0188_zpsgizasxjs.jpgDSC_0189_zpsbqyiordn.jpgDSC_0191_zpshnsrd2hl.jpgDSC_0192_zpsugfqambv.jpgFB_IMG_1455057768802_zpsvyyolu2r.jpg

• Like 1

I bought mine for 500 dollars Canadian, it was a Lil rough around the edges, but it's a decent car. Now I probibly wouldn't sell it for less than 10-15 grand as it has a metric fuck ton of expensive go fast goodies on it, and the only thing original is the interior and the body itself.

Wish I could pick this up!

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/18002086?cid

I was going to bid on it! Up to like $800, but we'll see how it ends in two hours its already at $700..

Not worth what it would cost me to have it shipped to Utah.

[i mean, hell ya it's worth the price look how clean a lot of it is that may be 44K actual miles not 144K!? think of all the possibilities... but myself...]

dang, its a tough addiction..

I was going to bid on it! Up to like $800, but we'll see how it ends in two hours its already at $700..

Not worth what it would cost me to have it shipped to Utah.

[i mean, hell ya it's worth the price look how clean a lot of it is that may be 44K actual miles not 144K!? think of all the possibilities... but myself...]

dang, its a tough addiction..

FYI, the fees at a CoPart auction will likely be another $700-800 on top of the bid price. 

• 2 months later...

I have a feeling I'm the only one on Ratsun who drives a 1st gen 200SX (or maybe the only one who will admit it). Maybe someone will prove me wrong and drive out of the closet with another one. As I've posted before, my SX cost me $100 cash and two 6-packs of Rolling Rock (and most people think I seriously overpaid). It's been a faithful daily driver for several years without needing much work. I don't have any big plans to do much to it - all my energy is going into getting my '72 510 running. Thanks for starting this thread. I'm seeing some SX pics I've never seen before. I see from the Canby 2010 pics there was an early SX there this year. Anyone know the details on it?

200SX_web.jpg

1stgen200, good luck finding exterior parts and interior parts. These are probably the rarest of the 70's datsuns.

If you go back in this thread I have basically taken mine completely apart and put it back together.

For the front you can use 510 or 280zx struts, or s12 struts with the proper bump steer adapter,

Futofab lowers work so any 510 ones will too.

Working on getting a 510 sway bar to see if it's the same.

L20b powered so anything 510/620/a10 etc works.

The u joints are staked in and shitty, I found a yoke to go from a nissan tranny to 1310 style joints,

You can use second gen camaro shocks in the rear

Steering components are same as later 510

Rad is unique, but spectra makes a replacement and a 240z rad is very close

• Like 1

After driving mine 622 miles this weekend to and from Eugene and Canby, Oregon I fell more in love but my suspension really needs to be updated a bit. I had really bad tire rubbing issues but that's my fault I put my 14x7 wheels from my 810 that had 195/60 in the front and 195/65 in the rear and rear rubbed bad. Gonna see if I can run 185/55 but my wheels are 0 offset so they fit nicely.

There are a few 200sx for sale in Portland my buddy might pick up and sell me parts one supposedly runs and the other is basically a parts car. Also met a guy who owns one and also managed to find the rare Silvia s10 bumpers, he didn't wanna sell them I asked lol.

• 2 weeks later...

1stgen200, There's a 1st gen 200sx in the El Cajon (San Diego) pick a part listed as a B-210. There's a pic on their website.

For you 2nd gens like me, There's a 2nd gen (1st year 4/1980) sedan at the Rancho Santa Fe PaP (near Anaheim) also pics on that loc website. I saw this one today if you want to PM me for details.