200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny thing is yesterday morning I got tired of waiting for the new title to the Maxima and put it up for sale on CL had 2 younger guys look at it and looks like today they will come back after they get off work to buy it. Pretty stoked but not singing victory just yet. If it gets bought today I will definitely be getting that 200sx.

Well I sold my 84 Maxima today and bought the 77 200sx finally. Made it home just fine from a 45 mile drive home pretty stoked about it I already have fender flares but it will be really tough for me to do since the car is so clean. There some minor things it need but nothin that can't be fixed.

CEB14140-7AA2-46E3-9A8E-C1D54A54D7DF_zps0B4573BB-4D10-4E22-BFCE-C50C30C74E09_zps

• Like 1

The dashpad looks mint! I'd kill for that haha. They look Soo weird stock compared to when they're dropped and flared

It is not one single crack lol. They are funky but I plan to do something about that as soon as I can get some coilovers already have lowing blocks at home, I do need to stiffen the suspension up though.

Well I sold my 84 Maxima today and bought the 77 200sx finally. Made it home just fine from a 45 mile drive home pretty stoked about it I already have fender flares but it will be really tough for me to do since the car is so clean. There some minor things it need but nothin that can't be fixed.

CEB14140-7AA2-46E3-9A8E-C1D54A54D7DF_zps0B4573BB-4D10-4E22-BFCE-C50C30C74E09_zps

Serious congrats on owning one of the most unique Datsuns ever. I hear you on flare vs. no flare. IMHO this is a car that is improved so much with the flare, but get that it is so original and in nice shape. I ran into this with my 1959 Datsun. I wanted to go full fenderless hotrod with it, requiring tubbing, massive firewall mods, frame mods, and on and on- but it was so original I couldn't bring myself to do it.

In ways I wish I had found one if crappier condition with no engine, lol!

That said in your case. make clean cuts and save the metal and if someday you want to put it back to stock, you can.

I think I will wait and see what the plans come up to. I'll definitely give the L20B more power definitely gonna do all the smog delete and get a peanut head.

Here's the S10 now the Daily.

DSC_0188_zpsgizasxjs.jpgDSC_0189_zpsbqyiordn.jpg

Looks so good. Really man congrats! Now we gotta find you some JDM bumpers!

Beautiful car! Please, please, please don't hack it up. They are only original once and it is so rare to find one that nice... rare to find one at all.

Trust I will not hack it up if I do fender flares it will be done right and able to reverse the look by saving the pieces.

That things really nice, i wouldnt of cut mine up but it was crusty. You can use s12 struts if you make a centering ring for the steering knuckles. Or use a 510 to 200sx bumpsteer spacer. The front brakes on these things are really lame stock, fine for puttin around, but when you run it hard they dont like it. Good swap if your struts are blown and brakes are toast. Im 99% sure the spring od is the same, the top hats are the same, the lca and tc rod are similar to 510.

Youll also be able to get rid of about 100 pounds of shit if you take all the smog stuff off.

Ill send you some oics on where i cut my fenders for the flares, you take alot out of the back of course. If mine was as rust free as yours i wouldof just rolled the lips flat and stuck as much tire in there possible.

The u joints are also staked in, which is annoying

That things really nice, i wouldnt of cut mine up but it was crusty. You can use s12 struts if you make a centering ring for the steering knuckles. Or use a 510 to 200sx bumpsteer spacer. The front brakes on these things are really lame stock, fine for puttin around, but when you run it hard they dont like it. Good swap if your struts are blown and brakes are toast. Im 99% sure the spring od is the same, the top hats are the same, the lca and tc rod are similar to 510.

Youll also be able to get rid of about 100 pounds of shit if you take all the smog stuff off.

Ill send you some oics on where i cut my fenders for the flares, you take alot out of the back of course. If mine was as rust free as yours i wouldof just rolled the lips flat and stuck as much tire in there possible.

The u joints are also staked in, which is annoying

Well there is some rust where the kick panels are and I believe inside the wheels wells can't tell though. I know for a fact 510 guys use to use the front suspension and other odd parts from 200sx. I really wanna do the suspension first and brakes as well.

The plan is to get rid of the smog crap and run some SU carbs, EL dizzy.

Sure send me pics I wanna get some wheels soon after I lower it, I have some 280zx Turbo Snowflake wheels just need to get the crappy paint they have on them and redo them.