• 1 month later...
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

'78 200sx I scored for my buddy Zur and am fixing so it can be his new car!

20130213_165537_zps8967f626.jpg

Lol, I still have this car! Zur never paid me back technically its always been mine, but many years its FINALLY running again and I FINALLY have the title back. Doing bodywork ready to paint it right now! It is a solid rust-free body I only did some minor repair to the drivers floorpan (the car had been previously crunched in the drivers front corner, must have been when very new- the title is clear, halfway in the middle of the radiator support and the drivers inner-fender had been cut and welded from the chassis of a different blue car- looked to be done professionally besides the fact that blue had gone unpainted). I had gotten the car driving after previously sitting a decade or so at least. Tracks pretty straight. New universal joint on the steering column, new tie rod ends. I converted to a Weber 32/36 carb and built a custom plate for installation of the PCV valve, with smog pump and air injection deleted. More recently I replaced the water pump/fan clutch to get the car going again after it had previously made noise and been taken off the road. New muffler, soldered up the radiator end-tank, removed lift shackles on the rear of leaf springs and camaro-style traction-bars someone had installed with a ricer muffler, WTF!? It has aftermarket wheels and steering wheel, The interior is pretty trashed, I sure wish I had unobtainium interior dash parts. Even a better driver's seat to recover.. but maybe a seat-recovering-pro can rebuild the seat bottom with steel/springs/foam. Installed a stereo deck in my hacked up stock dash & front speakers, seat covers. Installed aftermarket water temp / volt meter / oil pressure gauges... but I broke a brass fitting off in the side of the engine block, so I have no oil press. gauge working now and I JB welded the broken fitting in the block so it doesn't leak. I think about fixing later by drilling and tapping in the side of my engine block, but risky business with engine installed in car trying to minimize metal shavings getting into the oiling system & changing oil soon after hoping to make it by undamaged.  I installed parts from a 2nd gauge cluster I had, at least I have the speedo and tach working again, new speedo cable. It is very possible the car had seen 106K miles (and probably a bit more since speedo cable was broke when I got the car going the first time). I shaved both of the bumpers about 1.5" in cutting/welding the mounts, I can't wait to see what the car looks like with fresh paint!

Honestly I'm going to finish painting this car, and drive it and love it with a for sale sign/ads up until someone wants to pay me a good enough price. I'm invested in the car, but I do run my own shop building cars/motorcycles and resale of almost everything is pretty inevitable.  

I need the chrome metal trim along the top of the windshield also! A forum member had said he had a parts car and had this for me.. but wasn't able to stay in touch..

Surprised there are more S10 owners in the U.S. than I thought!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry, bumper mods are coming, unless I can get a set of jdm Silvia bumpers. The rear is going about 2 inches lower and about 4 inches wider to fill the flares.

Contemplating making an aluminum/lexan rear Nascar spoiler on it and building a front splitter for it

• 3 weeks later...