200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

Thanks datsunfreak. Sorry to hear about your S12. That has to hurt. I use my Pathfinder as my daily driver so that I never have to drive the S12 in the rain. Even first gen Pathfinders are becoming a pretty rare sight, at least on the east coast. I think Cash for Clunkers took out 2/3's of them and rust got almost every one that was left. Mine had one rusty spot in the rocker. I just repaired it last week. It looked a little scaly so I thought I was going to scrub it with a wire brush and paint it with POR15 but after brushing it I poked around with a screw driver. I easily poked a hole through he rocker. By the time I cut a patch out and started welding and blowing out more and more metal I ended up with an 1 1/2 hole to repair. It's all welded up now (and painted with POR15). Hopefully that prevents it from rotting further. The S12 doesn't have a speck of rust anywhere. It was coated with Ziebart's by the dealership and maintained by Ziebart. That stuff works great. The Pathfinder should have had the same treatment!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I'll never give you any guff for keeping the miles off it. Wish I had done the same with mine.   :rofl:

Check this out. The mileage chart for my 85 S12. It had 65,000 of it's miles put on in less than 4 years and another 12,000 in all the time since.

New                                                           09/10/1985

7,503                                                         02/06/1986

12,954                                                      04/24/1986

16,266                                                      05/29/1986

17,709                                                       06/11/1986

22,875                                                      08/21/1986

30,145                                                      12/03/1986

65,192                                                      03/02/1989

68.647                                                      08/25/1989 Pretty much retired in 1989 with 68,647 miles

70,236                                                      07/15/1991

72,196                                                       07/30/1994

74,083                                                      08/28/1998

74,275                                                       07/22/2000

74,456                                                      08/11/2001

75,960                                                     08/29/2011        that's 1500 Miles in 10 years!

76,037                                                      06/11/2014          and just 2000 miles in 16 years!
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought these off a member here, theyre s12 200sx struts cut down for mr2 inserts, ground control sleeves and camber plates.. The rca is s10 200sx/510 on the knuckle end and bigger on the top as the reciever hole on s12 struts is bigger, but the bolt pattern is still the same. If i was going to do anything different it would be to find some longer springs as these ones are wound up to damn near the top.

Theyre eibach 275# springs, they have settled about an inch so far.

They are vented discs, the calipers arent huge but are a huge improvement over s10 calipers. Im trying to get a z32 caliper to see if it bolts on and fits in the 13 inch rims.. Bwahaha.. Right now theres lots of clearance left with these 13's dunno with an aluminum rim though.

Now for a bre style sway bar...

I have to pick up my flares when i get home, i have one inch spacers for the front to fill out the flares, and i procured a mustang 8.8 for the rear thatll be redrilled for datsun bolt pattern and a detroit locker, and a good width to fill the rear flares, i may drop the rear an inch or two so it has less rake.

Im looking at getting some composite rear leafs built too.

This thing is pretty much turning into a pro tourer kinda build.

Archetype, the rims i have are bassett inertia advantage series, theyre probibly the lightest steel rim your going to find, they come in a 13x7 or 8 in many offsets. I think these have an inch of negative offset? I cant remember. Those are 205/60r13's, toyo ra1's. So far i havint been able to get this thing to slide, ive thrown this thing into corners wayyy faster then i would before, and it just sticks like glue.

I wanna find one of those big sumimoto calipers and see if these rims clear, as of right now i think they might with a little massaging, i can get my fingers between my current calipers and rim.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol i live 2 blocks from skaha lake.

Its an lz 2.3 done right up. It makes quite the noise and people ask me all the time what the hells in that thing haha.

The flares have showed up and hopefully should be going on later this week.

What's a lz from?

Nothing.   :rofl:

It's a name often (erroneously) used to describe an L/Z hybrid engine. In other words, using an L-series head, and the bottom half of a Z20/Z22/Z24 engine. Or conversely you can bore an L20B and install the Z22 crank/rods/pistons to build an L22. There are many combinations of parts you can use to build an L-series engine well over 2000cc. 

Personally, I think it's silly to call it that because that name is taken.  B)

This is an LZ engine. 

event-nostalgic-2-days-pic-6-nissan-lz16

Ok its a frankenstein.

Z22 block, z22 crank, l20b rods shot peened and arp bolted, custom cp flat top pistons, all balanced.

Head is a u67 casting, ported with 45 mil ferrea undercut stem supercomp intake valves, 36mm ferrea undercut exhaust valves, isky springs and retainers, isky z-196 grind cam.

Ported cannon intake with nitrous fogger setup.

Weber 45's with 40 mil throats

Lightened 225 mil flywheel, act clutch

Msd digital 6 plus ignition with new ei dizzy.

Racetep l series header, 2.25 straight exhaust to dynomax pro flo muffler.

Nicely done, I am toying with the idea of doing some kind of ka/l/z hybrid of some sort haven't decided which way to go yet, that will happen after I get the l20b back in my wagon. Where in B.c. are you scooter?

If i was gonna do it again, id probibly just ka it, or sr20 it. But the l motor all hopped up is pretty awesome.

So far I've been super happy with the stock '78 smog car, I Canadian winter drive the wagon so traxtion is something you have a lot of throttle control over. I really just want to play with the interchangeability of various heads, for no other reason than because they can interchange.