200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's not surprising? That the 200sx 2.0  beat it?  

I would have guessed the Cobra would have smoked the SX by more than a fraction of a second too, but back then manufacturers were required by EPA to load 80's cars with tons of emission equip, and they still had to lower compression and retard the timing at every turn they could to meet the requirements.

That overweight Challenger could barely keep up with Nissan.

The EPA did not mandate emissions equipment - they only set the pollution limits. So Nissan came out with a superior head design to meet those limits and so got more HP/litre than others were getting. NAPS for the B210 was same as GM and most others was using, but NAPS-Z was superior and NAPS-X was even better. Simpler than CVCC or MCA-Jet or Chrysler Lean Burn.

Cars throughout the 80s got more power and better driveabilty (including carbed engines) even though the EPA became more restrictive.

I appreciate the mfg update. I mis-spoke on the EPA requiring the emissions equip. I meant the mfgrs had to do so in order to comply with EPA requirements. My dealership experience ended just about the same time my current 79 620 and 80 200sx were rolling off the assembly line. It only took me another 35 years to acuire one of each for me. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone done a SR20DE conversion to a S110? After some info! Cheers folks.

It would be very simple to do... infact, it wouldnt be one bit difficult..... except ONE thing. Go take a look at your power steering / steering box setup on your S110. GOOD LUCK fitting the exhaust manifold in there. The only way to do it is have someone fabricate some headers for you ... and at that point, is it worth it?

does anyone have trim parts they are looking to get rid of, mainly need the trim that the door windows seal on.....

vern, get ahold of Dave. AKA, Slick McFavorite on facebook, AKA pumpkndave210 here on Ratsun. I just gave him my 1980 200sx.

https://www.facebook.com/Pumpkn210?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

It would be very simple to do... infact, it wouldnt be one bit difficult..... except ONE thing. Go take a look at your power steering / steering box setup on your S110. GOOD LUCK fitting the exhaust manifold in there. The only way to do it is have someone fabricate some headers for you ... and at that point, is it worth it?

Could always use one of these and just make a downpipe for it?   ^_^

Nissan_E002_L_Nissan-180SX-S14-che-typel

But honestly, I don't see the point in the swap. A lot of work to only have a tiny bit more power than the stock engine. 

And if your car is a Z22 car, it's almost zero gain in power...

Mine happens to be RHD :) so steering box is not an issue.

Cheers for the heads up folks.

In that case, the swap should be pretty straightforward. The S13 mounts should bolt up to your isolaters, but you'll likely need to move the transmission crossmember back a few centimeters. Also, the shifter hole will be moved back that amount as well. An S13 radiator should be a good fit also. The only hurdle I can see would be the wiring, and there are easier options for that.  :thumbup: