200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool to see more SXs on here. Post more pics when you can. Everybody loves car pics!

I've come close to buying maybe 6 different later version SXs. I think the one I came closest on was a red Turbo with the hood scoop. But it had been sitting dead for a couple of years and I had no idea what problems there might be with the injectors and such. In reality it probably would have all been fixable.

I assume you hit the Spokane Pull n Saves on a regular basis? It has been a little while since I've seen an SX at either one, but maybe that means it is time for one to appear. You said these are old pics so maybe you already have all the parts you need.

Len

Yeah, S12s don't show up often at P&S. There was a V6 version about a year ago. I knew I should pull a bunch of stuff off it, struts n such, but it seems like that was when the weather was getting cold. There is this ad on craigslist: http://spokane.craig...3414362044.html but for all I know, that could be your ad selling your excess parts.

When I bought my '79 SX off a gypo lot out on E Sprague, he also had an S110 coupe and a couple of slightly wrecked S12s. I thought about making an offer for all of them, but came to my senses. It was work enough getting the '79 running! Luckily for me I don't own a trailer or I'd have way more than 3 Datsuns.

Len

nope not me did see that add. Unfortunetly I'm waiting for a mk2 in the factory burgandy color to show its face somewhere. Oh well i'll find them eventually they always show up at the most inopurtune times. If your looking for some bit's I might have some/bunch that would work on your platform plus it's always good to meet fellow datsun/nissan members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Heres my old 200. Got it for $500. Had vg30 5spd. Fun fun car. I put a massive kicker L5 in it and it ended up shattering the back window. Had to drive up to vancouver pick n pull with no rear hatch

2011-10-30125048.jpg

2011-11-01163900.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

this looks alot like the 1987 izuzu impulse

Indeed it is.

Needs some work, but overall in good shape. Def. a Monet.

Any idea if that is the one that was on CL for a few thousand $$ awhile back?  Someone may have posted the CL ad in this thread at the time, but the ad is probably expired now. I remember thinking it was a really nice SX, but a lot of money for it.

Is the block really cracked like the new ad says, or is the seller just guessing? Maybe just a warped head? Does it need to meet smog requirements when you get it running?

Len

Any idea if that is the one that was on CL for a few thousand $$ awhile back?  Someone may have posted the CL ad in this thread at the time, but the ad is probably expired now. I remember thinking it was a really nice SX, but a lot of money for it.

Is the block really cracked like the new ad says, or is the seller just guessing? Maybe just a warped head? Does it need to meet smog requirements when you get it running?

Len

I'm %95 sure it is, and I think it was going for $5000 at one point, but by the time BAT and JNC featured it, the price had dropped to $4200. That is nowhere near what I paid for it.

Here is the add from BAT several years ago when it came on the market for sale:

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/07/16/1978-datsun-200sx/

And the ad from JNC, with a few more pics.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2011/07/28/kidney-anyone-1978-datsun-200sx/

I'm pretty sure it's the same car becuase the fuel door hardware is missing, and the right rear lower taillight trim is missing too.

I didn't see the block as it was at the mechanics, but the PO did tell me he spoke to the mechanic who informed him the block was indeed cracked. No way to verify it other than to take his word for it.

Vehicles here need to be smog checked unless they are covered under classic car insurance, which this one will be covered under. For $8 a month for classic car insurance, it's not a bad deal!