200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

I will say that If I found one in good shape like my 710 and cheap I would have it.

Here it is:

Yellow200SX-2.jpg

Yellow200SX-web.jpg

Owned by an older lady, possibly second owner. Around 75K miles, pretty sure it isn't 175K. Driver's side front fender has a crease, but the rest of the body is great. I don't recall much rust, if any. Original paint I think. Interior nice, although suncracked dash. Has the original wheel covers.

Hasn't been run in 10 years or so, so good chance of the carb/fuel lines needing attention. Auto trans, although that can be converted. Given time, I can find a pedal set at Pull n Save. The keys were lost with the steering column locked, but I noticed she has been moving the car around, so I wonder if something has been done to get the wheel turnable. I hope they didn't use an ax or sledge on the column. Located here in E Washington, west of Spokane, so you don't even have to fight traffic when you come to pick it up. You might bring a good carb and drive it home, but that could turn into a real Ratsun adventure. Asking price was around $650 a year or so ago. I happened to do a driveby yesterday, and it is sitting there waiting for a new owner.

Always happy to try to lead others astray.

Len

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: :lol: I smell a set up Len!!!

Wow that is good price though. Body looks excellent! I hate body work. Hmm it would have to pass an out of province safety check before it could be licensed. Wonder what the rules are on importing US cars are. My boss drove an '08 'Vette back, I'll ask him.

My Sundance insurance lapsed (not needed) so my wife started driving the 710 to her work. (I bike) She is slowly going Ga Ga over it, says guys are always looking it/her over. :lol: I may not get it back! I have another '76 710 goon in town that we may make an offer on later this fall. If we get it, we'll bring it to Canby next year and camp out in it.

:lol: :lol: I smell a set up Len!!!

You may have guessed, I'm trying to find a good home for this poor orphan SX so I don't buy it myself. I already have one SX, and there are other model Datsuns I want but don't have yet - like a 610. If a cheap 2-door shows up nearby, I know I won't be able to resist. There was a 610 wagon for sale over in N Idaho last year I did resist, but I keep thinking of going back and trying to find it. If it is still there a year later (unlikely I know), it would have to be cheaper, right? And I could haul a lot off stuff in a wagon, right? But meanwhile, I need to work on the three Datsuns I have, plus newly arrived '70 Maverick.

Len

Wow, an SX that looks worse than mine! A Ratsun if there ever was one. What are your plans for it? Full restoration? Keep it as is, drive it Canby next year just to offend all the owners of pretty Datsuns? Park it there with a hidden camera and record the reactions.

Len

datsun005.jpg little late for the full restodatsun004-1.jpgbut good news trans works good!!....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd join the ratsuns to show my support for the 200sx!! I've got an 85 200sx turbo built by Turbo Tom.

I came very close a few years ago to buying a Turbo SX of this vintage. It had the cool Turbo hood scoop, and was Red. Of course it was not running, or I wouldn't have been looking at it. I chickened out as I was afraid of a bad engine or something. I've always wondered what I missed - good or bad. I've never seen it driving around Spokane, but never seen it at Pull n Save either. Not having a trailer and already having too many projects does keep me out of trouble sometimes.

Len

I came very close a few years ago to buying a Turbo SX of this vintage. It had the cool Turbo hood scoop, and was Red. Of course it was not running, or I wouldn't have been looking at it. I chickened out as I was afraid of a bad engine or something. I've always wondered what I missed - good or bad. I've never seen it driving around Spokane, but never seen it at Pull n Save either. Not having a trailer and already having too many projects does keep me out of trouble sometimes.

Len

I'd love to have an '84 turbo hood (very hard to come by). I bought this from a buddy of mine who's dad has a 280z that Tom built. This one was built for some guy outta state. He paid Tom some of the money, then when finished, the guy disappeared. Tom repo'ed it and my buddy got it from him. When he lost interest, I bought it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I've seen the pic of my SX used in eBay ads before. I guess it is always the same seller. I always laugh, cause I can't figure out WHY he would use that pic to sell anything! And he uses it for different Datsun books, not just 200SX manuals. I'm curious how often he sells any books using that pic.The other weird thing, I can't figure out what book he is selling here. 478 pages just on Datsuns doesn't sound like a Haynes, or Chilton, or Clymer, and the description doesn't name any publisher. Or is "Professional" the publisher? Anyone know what this is? If he used a scan of the cover of the book, instead of a shot of an ugly SX, I would know more. But he does have some cool stuff in his other auctions. A skull shifter knob in my SX might draw attention away from the rest of the shabby interior.

Len

• 2 months later...

heres some pics of my friends 200sx. its a beast in the making but its coming along very well.

That tub job is gorgeous, this car is gonna be a looker :)

Wow, I gotta say, some of the S10's posted are baller! Anyways, I'm from Club-S12.org (the biggest online community for 1984-88 Nissan 200SX/Silvia/Gazelle), and someone posted this thread over there...

I might as well jump in on this gig...

I currently have two S12's...

MY FIRST ONE: 1985 200SX, originally with a CA20E, now with a KA24DE swap...

chillaxin.jpg

blue_luv_01.jpg

blue_luv_02.jpg

engine_done.jpg

After the swap, which came from my first S12 (click pic for vid):

th_first_run.jpg

I'm a dork, I know, but I was having fun...

With some six spokes....

six-spokes_02.jpg

six-spokes_03.jpg

My first S12, a 1985 Turbo model that was the prototype for the KA swap...

arro-s12-2.jpg

She's been cut up to little pieces now.... R.I.P :(

My other S12, a 1985 Nissan Silvia RS-X. Yes, it's a real right-hand-drive RS-X from Japan-land, complete with the FJ motor...

Silvia_01.jpg

Silvia_02.jpg

Silvia_15.jpg

Silvia_08.jpg

Silvia_07.jpg

Galaxy Black custom paint:

Silvia_10.jpg

Uber-rare Volk racing wheels from the 80's...

Silvia_03.jpg

Silvia_12.jpg

Silvia_13.jpg

Originally an FJ20E, but converted to Weber DCOE carbs:

Silvia_18.jpg

On the wrong side...

Silvia_20.jpg

Silvia_21.jpg

Silvia_22.jpg

Hope to see more cool cars on this thread, and hope the S12 owners come over to Club-S12 and say hi :)

that carb setup you got is fucking great, you should post a vid of it runing when you can

I need to rebuild the Webers, they aren't getting fuel to the engine... it's low on the priority list right now, so it may happen this summer, it might not happen until next year.

Well, here's my contribution to the S12 thread:

My S110 from back in the day, which I no longer have, and my S12 in its early years:

22097350016_large.jpg

Then some pictures of other S12s (each has had a blog about them on S12Silvia.com):

Mine, Henry's, Wil (Australia),

4922455592_3460763dde.jpg

4922456996_b7dc0511c7.jpg

Henry's

sstp_1006_03_o+1985_nissan_200_sx_turbo+side_view.jpg

Wil's (Australia)

1.jpg

Dan's (RB25DET) Canada

90Sideways.jpg

Vitaliy (Ukraine)

ukraine5.jpg

Brian (FJ powered forefront and SR powered in the rear) Australia