200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's a nice one! interesting colour too.

hey can someone with an s12 or know someone with one measure the sway bar? I wanna know the width eye to eye , the length of the arms from the pivot to the eye, and how far the pivots are apart.

doesn't have to be exact, can be done with a tape measure.

I wanna see if I can make one fit on my s10 200sx, as the stock one is wimpy.

he sent me them, here are the pics:

IMG_0641_zpsftikdgj5.jpg

IMG_0633_zps2pzz8nwt.jpg

IMG_0637_zpssdmilzby.jpg

IMG_0635_zpsbwafgpiu.jpg

IMG_0634_zpsaonbkxew.jpg

IMG_0636_zpshqsdqnmv.jpg

IMG_0638_zpsuyytbug6.jpg

Damn that is a nice 200sx. And on the east coast no less? If one wanted one, you may be waiting a while for another this nice to pop up. Order some JDM bumpers stat!

(I remember once upon a time on Ratsun there was a white, JDM 200sx in the US. Had been gutted for racing inside, but was RHD and totally bitchin, in a used racecar sort of way. Anyone remember that. Had to be like 8 years ago. Wonder what happened to it?)

Damn that is a nice 200sx. And on the east coast no less? If one wanted one, you may be waiting a while for another this nice to pop up. Order some JDM bumpers stat!

(I remember once upon a time on Ratsun there was a white, JDM 200sx in the US. Had been gutted for racing inside, but was RHD and totally bitchin, in a used racecar sort of way. Anyone remember that. Had to be like 8 years ago. Wonder what happened to it?)

Holy crap I found the post from 2007. Silvia S10. So bitchin, and already flared (Which helps the look of the car IMHO.) Still wonder what happened to it? In the US somewhere. Maybe still in L.A.? Probably collecting dust waiting for Archetypedatsun and a fist of cash.

Full Thread here if someone wants to become a detective. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/1178-1976-silvia-s10/

ProjectD.Silvia009.jpg

^ yea are you planning to walk there?

don't be a cheapy or risk seeing s10's skyrocket in value and out of your price point

Already found one half the price almost as clean thats 5hrs from me. Not being cheap just don't feel like I need to drive that far for one and spend $3000 especially being that clean to do what I'm gonna do to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...people want money for these now.

I know I don't know why I mean I know there rare but they aren't selling even half the price. This one specifically been up for sale for 5 years locally on and off on Craigslist they wanted $4500 when I first saw it but they never quite lowered there price that much.

Talked to the owner just now. He's had the car 10 years he bought from his mom that passed away, got it repainted and majority of the taken car of. New carpet, new paint job stock color, reupholstered seats, back seat needs reupholstered, hasn't ran in months and last time ran a month ago. He said he put a lot of money into the car and is looking to get $3000 for such a rare car.

Unless a car is completely immaculate, has been swapped correctly, or is 'literally' rare I see no reason to charge more than a few hundred bucks for any Datsun. Let's face it. 85% of all Datsuns are epic pilrs of crap.

But we still love them, sure.

Just stating a fact they don't sell well nothing to get ipitty about because one thinks it's just a little high priced. Honestly $2k would be a perfect price if it runs and drives and everything works. How many have seen sell for that price or over? A built 200sx with wide fenders paint job built L20B with twin side drafts, suspension, wheels and tires sold for $4500. This one the owner has had it over a decade and put a few grand into it when he first got it but still needs more he's hasn't driven it much at all in the past 10 years since he's owned it he couldn't even guarantee it would even run. Rare doesn't always cash out money especially when parts are just as rare to find. Silvia S10 is even more rare in Japan than our 200sx here. It's not a 620, 521, Z car or 510 not everyone is going to pay that much, even the one in Reno didn't sell which was half the price what makes you think this will.