1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Still in work, it's a bit of a side project.

If you make more than one, I'll buy one. I still can't get notifications, don't know why, none from here, facebook, or others except TDI forum is the only one I get anything from?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!

I picked up my first ever Datsun a 521 Pickup and I love it. At the moment its completely stock except for the  weber 32/36 carb and it being dropped 3 inches. It needs a lot of work but, I hope to bring her back. Didn't realize that parts were so hard to find until i started looking. :confused:

Anyway, I'm happy that I found this forum and I think that the KA24DE swap into the 620 is awesome! not sure if it would fit in a 521 but I'm tempted to try. 

• Like 2

Welcome the Ratsun draggster. Can't wait for you to start a project thread of your own in Project Datto or the 521 forums.

http://community.ratsun.net/forum/6-project-datto/

http://community.ratsun.net/forum/44-521/

Pretty sure there are KA swapped 521 and (Steve) ]2eDeYe does make custom engine mounts for the 620 that might work in a 521. There is a wealth of information in the 521/620/720 forum on KA swapping and the SEARCH function.

It's very important that you post pictures of your truck too... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54932-photobucket-ratsun/

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

I picked up my first ever Datsun a 521 Pickup and I love it. At the moment its completely stock except for the  weber 32/36 carb and it being dropped 3 inches. It needs a lot of work but, I hope to bring her back. Didn't realize that parts were so hard to find until i started looking. :confused:

Anyway, I'm happy that I found this forum and I think that the KA24DE swap into the 620 is awesome! not sure if it would fit in a 521 but I'm tempted to try. 

Welcome and thanks :)

I am actually picking up the laser cut plates for my first run of KA521 mounts next week. 

I see you are in the NE, not a lot of Datsuns in the area. We do have plenty of members from that area though. 

Like Mike says, start a build thread in Project Datto and introduce yourself in General Discussion.  

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Went into Seattle to go through my storage unit. Was a lot of work but lunch was delicious. :D

IMG_9596_zpsyrdu0mus.jpg

My muffler decided to impode upon itself a couple weeks ago. I took it off and ordered the cheapest glasspack I could get on ebay that would fit over the existing pipe. 14" with 1.75 ID. :lol:

It was really loud, so today I put a turn down to keep the noise from bouncing around under the bed....it's still really loud though. :rofl:

IMG_9608_zps8blhnzzx.jpg

IMG_9612_zpsljc9kddd.jpg

• Like 7

From what I've heard a 45 degree exit supposedly reduces noise as it blasts it both out and down, so reflected waves don't bounce back up in to the body. Not sure how true that is though

• Like 2