1977 620 KingCab Deluxe

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought it was presold. When you get it finished, it's going to be hard to part with, that is going to be one sweet ride.

Shouldn't be to hard to part with, the proceeds will go right back into my other truck. Good motivation for me :D

I have some other cool parts to throw at it and a set of disc brakes for the front. Just need to get stop driving it long enough to clean up the wiring and get stuff installed :lol:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you hooked up the KA to the Z24 trans, did you use the throw out bearing and pivot arm from the KA or the Z? (any other mods besides the starter holes?) (and I assume KA flywheel/clutch/pressure plate)

I used the KA stuff. They are the same, I just didn't have to clean it as much.

Make sure to put the starter on before you put the drivetrain in. It is a BITCH once the motor is in. It can be done, but it's way easier with the engine out. I didn't even think about it until I had it all in there. :lol:

It might be ok to drill the trans and go from the back side, but there really isn't a whole lot of room in that area either way.

She looks like a keeper Steve. Mild drop & buff the paint.....i say yes :D

It most definitley is a keeper. I really dig driving it.

I have a few other projects just sitting though, and not just my other truck. I'm sure you know all about the issues a parts/project stash create. This will help clear out some parts and hopefully get me some needed project funds.

...and I get to drive it and tinker with it for a while. :D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Haven't done much work on anything lately...except maybe abusing myself :lol:

ouch.jpg

This is my 3rd break this summer. 1 rib the beginning, my big toe about a month and a half ago and this a couple weeks ago. Good times... :blink:

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='09 September 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1284046857' post='349647']

15 X 7.5 the tires are 225/60 R15.

How do you get your cast wheels clean? These have been sitting a while.

Since there are no polished surfaces on those wheels, you can use muratic acid to clean them just like new. As for your injuries, just a run of bad luck, could be worse, it was a year August 2nd since I got hurt at work, and I'm still not back to work. I will be going back the second half of this month finally. I hope I remember how to do my job! lol! :cool:

2eDeYe' date='09 September 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1284046857' post='349647']

15 X 7.5 the tires are 225/60 R15.

How do you get your cast wheels clean? These have been sitting a while.

For the raised / smooth "spokes" you can wet sand them with 320, 400, 600, 1000 then buff w/ Mothers polish.

On the textured parts id use a wire wheel on a drill to really clean em out good.

The muriatic acid will work too but wear eye & hand protection...acid on skin = pain.

• 2 weeks later...