Source for header

Jester

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, did the same thing myself on my L16 manny. First and foremost; soak the shit out of it with WD40 or something equivalent right now! And keep soaking it.

Did you break it off flush, or is there something to grab a hold of? If it's flush, you'll have to drill it and easy-out it. I have all of that stuff here at work; which is just across the buena vista ferry at the suver/99W junction.

Give me a holla and I can help you out.

If there's some sticking out, but not enough for a pair of vise grips, you can weld a nut or washer to the end of it to give something to grap onto. Use a washer with an inside dia that is slightly less than the bolt...so you can weld it to the end of the bolt.

If there's some sticking out, but not enough for a pair of vise grips, you can weld a nut or washer to the end of it to give something to grap onto. Use a washer with an inside dia that is slightly less than the bolt...so you can weld it to the end of the bolt.

Hello Im a new member :)

Ive done this before on my 240sx, welded a nut on the end of a broken stud, it was too short to double nut it and too tight (area around the stud) to get the vice grips on and make any progress. But on my Accord it was broken way down basically flush I had to drill it out and put a coil in.

I have access to the tools for the job, I just figured it's a good excuse to get a header. :D I tried looking around some, just couldn't seem to find anything.

BEEBANI: I appreciate the offer to help out. As soon as I get this thing road worthy we'll have to hook up for a glass of barley pop.

Jester

If you can, get vice grips on it, even barely, heat around the bolt until orange with a torch, and it will twist out using only your wrist. It will squeal though.... " c' mon, squeal like a pig!!!"

This may be easier than a welder if you don't have access.

Got it out. No problems. I wish I would have thought to pull all three. Probably would have been a good idea to replace them all. Oh well.

Jester

Get them all out and replace the studs and nuts with SS and you'll never have that prob again. They will look like new and come off like new in ten years. You'll thank yourself next time you undo them to change a HG.