Micro's 76 610

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was SUPPOSED to have it done yesterday, but due to unforeseen events I have to wait until Friday <_< Lame.

I'm only going 2".. I don't plan on a turbo or anything bigger than the L20b, so 2 1/4" wouldn't be necessary.

The 2" will sound just right. I plan to run 2" as well, given the same circumstances. No Turbo, No bigger than L20B (for now...) No Problem! :D

i went 2 1/4 simply so i had the exhaust done for whatever mods i do in the future and i dont have to worry about ever redoing it i have a few cool ideas for what ill do to mine for more "umph" but to be honest the 2 1/4 doesnt hinder performance on mine and it flows really well i can stand 5 feet behind my car and the exhaust is still hitting my legs

micro your gonna love new exhaust no leaks and the car will actually be able to breathe

Ok, so in my last update, I showed you how I savagely removed my old tired exhaust. Now I'm going to show you pics of my new exhaust. I didn't even think to take pictures as it was up on the lift being built(it had been a long week and I was tired and in a rush to get up to Noob's party), so I took pics afterward in my driveway.

Photo890.jpg

Photo891.jpg

Photo892.jpg

Photo894.jpg

Photo893.jpg

Photo895.jpg

Photo896.jpg

Photo898.jpg

Photo897.jpg

Photo899.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely. They are guaranteed for a million miles, and I have yet to hear a muffler that I appreciate as much as this one. There are a number of different models of Borla, and this one is actually a custom made one. A good friend of mine works for an aftermarket company which Borla makes custom mufflers for.

NICE !!! a million miles ? so its not going to last as long as our datsuns :lol: ?

I think I will serious consider looking into getting one of these for my 240z ( when the time is right obviously )

Glad it worked out for you man , and even better sounds like you really like the set-up and that's always great when things go that way :cool:

Absolutely. They are guaranteed for a million miles, and I have yet to hear a muffler that I appreciate as much as this one. There are a number of different models of Borla, and this one is actually a custom made one. A good friend of mine works for an aftermarket company which Borla makes custom mufflers for.

I wantz to hear the new sounds...Vidz, please?!

Ok, I got a few videos w/ some pretty weak audio. I don't think it was necessarily the phone's fault, though. In the first vid, I had the phone too close, so it's distorted. In the second vid, I think I was receiving a message or a call, so that's what the buzzing is. As soon as the third video makes it to my photobucket account, I'll post it. Enjoy!

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/MicroMachinery/76%20610/?action=view&current=Video023.mp4

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/MicroMachinery/76%20610/?action=view&current=Video024.mp4

Damn that sounds hot! I had a Borla on a past car, didn't have the car too long but I loved the way it sounded. Any specs on the muffler?

I know some guys that work for a world class aftermarket company, and Borla makes custom mufflers for them.

I'm not sure what specs you're wanting, but it's stainless muffler, w/ a 2" inlet/outlet, and the inlet is offset, and the outlet is centered. It's not a particular model, because they're custom built for that specific company.

I know some guys that work for a world class aftermarket company, and Borla makes custom mufflers for them.

I'm not sure what specs you're wanting, but it's stainless muffler, w/ a 2" inlet/outlet, and the inlet is offset, and the outlet is centered. It's not a particular model, because they're custom built for that specific company.

I checked out the Borla site. Sweet deal on your end though.

Alright. So the other day as I was getting the exhaust on the 610 fabbed up, I was able to do a walk around underneath the car, and to my disappointment, I saw that there were wires protruding from the front passenger side tire. :( This was a real bummer, because I had planned on leaving directly after getting the exhaust finished to Tacoma to Noob's pad for his party. This pretty much put a block on that plan, as it was 7:30 by the time my Datsun was off the lift. I decided to sleep on it.

The following day, I got up and decided I'd go look at what I had in the stash. To my surprise, I was able to find 4 tires.. already mounted and balanced. They were mounted on the wagon that I've had collecting dust for the past year, and I'd been overlooking them since I made the purchase. Though a bit gaudy, my only other option was to go buy a new pair. F that.

So I did a hasty dismount and got the wagon onto 2 jack stands and a pair of spares. The 610 was jacked up, SSR's removed (:(), and the new ones put on. After putting them on, I took a step back, and was actually surprised that they went pretty well on the old fastback. Here are some pics.

Photo903.jpg

Photo904.jpg

This is nice too, because the tires look to be close to brand new. These will last a while, and give me a chance to finish the welding and repairs on the SSR's. The PO was an abusive master :angry:

Photo901.jpg

Photo902.jpg