Micro's 76 610

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. So I saw some old-style bumpers for sale, and not being a HUGE fan of the park benches, I jumped on em. Even though the park benches are big, cumbersome, and generally unattractive, I'd still rather have them than nothing at all.

Because of some differences in the way the bumpers mount, I had to make up some custom brackets for the rear. Now a few pics.

Photo728.jpg

Photo727.jpg

All in all, I'm happy with the older bumpers. They really bring in the shape of the car, and make it alot tighter.

Whoa Micro! That looks great!

Here are a couple more pics of the bumpers. 2 pics(in the shade, mind you) aren't enough for this forum :lol:

Photo732-1.jpg

Photo733.jpg

What did you use on them (or have you...???) I highly recommend 0000 steel wool and some Blue Magic. They will shine right up. :cool:

Mother's chrome polish works good with 0000 steel wool too........... you need the fine steel wool or else you'll just scratch the chrome

That looks a million times better than park benches............ lucky ass,,, , yo car has USDM chrome bumpers..... :P

I don't think I'll ever find a chrome rear bumper for my goon..... :( .......... I could probably get another Datsun for the price of JDM 710 bumpers

Mother's chrome polish works good with 0000 steel wool too........... you need the fine steel wool or else you'll just scratch the chrome

I found the Blue Magic works best with steel and chrome. Mothers works well on aluminum. If you've had good luck, then even better :thumbup:

I found the Blue Magic works best with steel and chrome. Mothers works well on aluminum. If you've had good luck, then even better :thumbup:

Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish makes aluminum look like chrome. . .. (no polish comes close). . . . . but I've never tried it on chrome

Mother's chrome polish works good on chrome...... but doesn't work on aluminum.......... .. I am shure any chrome polish will work....... Turtle wax chrome polish looks/smells EXACTLY like the mother's chrome polish, and they both work the same

What did you use on them (or have you...???) I highly recommend 0000 steel wool and some Blue Magic. They will shine right up. :cool:

I had to strip the black paint off, and when I got it all off, I found that the chrome had been sanded down :( I'll have to get the dents out and then I'll re-chrome them.

I don't think I'll ever find a chrome rear bumper for my goon..... :( .......... I could probably get another Datsun for the price of JDM 710 bumpers

On ebay a couple days ago there was a complete set of grille, marker lights, and chrome bumpers for a 710 in Hollywood. Wanted $300. I see someone got em, though.. :(

i like the bumpers man they can fit closer though ill take some pics of how its supposed to fit on mine in the rear front looks right though maybe a hair to far out due to the later valance

Thank you, but we have entirely different setups for the rear. Take a closer look. ;)

MicroMachinery Rear Bumper = '73 610 Wagon

Bonvo Rear Bumper = '73 Coupe/Sedan

Sweet look. It allowed you to keep the stock configuration for the taillights and the rear license plate location.

Very, very nice :thumbup:

MicroMachinery Rear Bumper = '73 610 Wagon

Bonvo Rear Bumper = '73 Coupe/Sedan

Sweet look. It allowed you to keep the stock configuration for the taillights and the rear license plate location.

Very, very nice :thumbup:

*face palm* im retarded today it has been a long one and my mind wasent workin but that explains everythign :P

*face palm* im retarded today it has been a long one and my mind wasent workin but that explains everythign :P

Glad to be of service. :thumbup:

High Five! (or face palm it if you must...)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so FINALLY after having this car for 3 months(now that summer's drawing to a close), I'm just now getting to the more luxurious features..

Yesterday, I went through and troubleshot the Cruise Control system. Disconnected everything and pulled the servo off to clean all the contacts.

Photo810.jpg

Got all the contacts cleaned off, and put everything back together. Nothing. Went through and checked all wiring, and I wasn't getting any sort of voltage signal. I checked all over online for a wiring schematic, but since the system is an aftermarket unit(an obsolete company called "ARA" that went out of business over a decade ago), I had to take matters into my own hands. After some brief sleuthing, I found the culprit and put power to it. Success! I can now lazy foot it down the highway :)

Next up was my non-functioning AC system. This one was pretty easy to figure out; the AC switch wouldn't engage the Compressor Clutch, so I knew I needed to start checking wiring. Luckily, about 6" from the Compressor, the wire had been clipped and wrapped around another wire. Couldn't figure out why someone would do such a thing, but that's not important. Put the meter on the cut end of the wire, and with the switch "ON", 12.8v. Bingo.

Photo812.jpg

Threw a quick connector on for the time being(will solder later), and tested. "Click-click." We have lift-off.

Not too surprising that all the R12 had left the system. Probably was gone years ago. My gauges read 4psi static pressure, and a high side of 8psi with the engine running. I was able to get my hands on some "Hot Shot(R12 substitute)" pretty easily; my uncle runs the local refrigeration business. In minutes, I had icy cold goodness flowing from my vents.

Photo808.jpg

28 Degrees? Not bad at all, I'd say. Not really a fan of AC, but like I said, it's a luxury. I'd personally rather cruise around all summer long with my windows down, but hey, if ya already have it, why not? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Not too long ago, I noticed the exhaust getting louder, and developing a leak. I also noticed my exhaust pipes beginning to sag, and figured this would need attention pretty soon. Well, soon couldn't have come at a better time. I had decided to take the 610 over to my shop and lift it up to see what all the ruckuss was about, and upon entering the shop, the exhaust clamp caught on the edge of the concrete of the bay, and completely severed my exhaust ahead of the rear crossmember. I backed out, and that's when I realized it was curtains for the old exhaust. After digging a trench in my driveway all the way to my outside concrete slab, I was able to get some pics of the wound.

Photo863.jpg

Photo862.jpg

Photo864.jpg

It broke off pretty clean, actually. I imagine it had been wearing through for quite some time, and just as of late began to give and drop down lower. Catching the exhaust clamp on the edge of the concrete was just the last nail in the coffin.

On a lighter note, I was able to finally put on my shiny new set of tail light surrounds, shipped courtesy of Zerow(Thanks man, they're beautiful). Here's a shot, taken in the new garage.

Photo869.jpg

On a lighter note, I was able to finally put on my shiny new set of tail light surrounds, shipped courtesy of Zerow(Thanks man, they're beautiful). Here's a shot, taken in the new garage.

Photo869.jpg

Micro, they look great! You are most certainly welcome :) Could not have gone on a better looking 610.

As for the exhaust...OUCH! A good reason as any to get something like an exhaust noise fixed.

ouch that exhaust issue sucks go 2.25 threw magnaflow :D you wount regret it as for the tail light surrounds i wonder if they were the ones that went with the tail lights i gave him probibly not considering the black paint isnt there they look good man

ouch that exhaust issue sucks go 2.25 threw magnaflow :D you wount regret it as for the tail light surrounds i wonder if they were the ones that went with the tail lights i gave him probibly not considering the black paint isnt there they look good man

He's already picked out a borla muffler, check out the thread skib started :D