Jump to content

210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!


Capital15

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 8 months later...

Only taillights you’ll be able to get are either from a car in the junkyard or the repros on ebay. I have the repros on my 210. Socket is backward so you’ll have to fix that but they are nice.

CEF4890B-C8F2-46CB-AE7E-655B0945E1CC.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/17/2021 at 7:11 PM, colourbox said:

Only taillights you’ll be able to get are either from a car in the junkyard or the repros on ebay. I have the repros on my 210. Socket is backward so you’ll have to fix that but they are nice.

 

 

Is Stanley garage kept? UV is the real killer with some of those cheaper tail lights...

Link to comment
4 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

 

Is Stanley garage kept? UV is the real killer with some of those cheaper tail lights...

 

He is now for the last 10 years when I started my resto. For the 20 years before that he wasn't and the taillights were fine, miraculously. What had happened was one of the sockets in the left taillight kept rusting out. It just kept doing it so I bought those after market ones to replace them and they were pretty but there was nothing wrong with mine except for the freaking socket. I was always careful about getting water around there even when I washed him (hand wash) and the darn thing would rust out anyway. Had me baffled. Still has me baffled.

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
On 4/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, Hawaiian620 said:

The ones I got off ebay are already separating between the orange and red lense. They are also a lot lighter than the oem ones. Do you remember the sellers name in ebay? Maybe they have the better ones. 


I’m just revisiting this thread and realized I completely missed your question. I believe the seller was Atom Boys.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

My first car😃    1978 Datsun b210gx!   

haven't done much to it yet, removed big old bumpers, new spark plugs, side exit exhaust, OEM tachometer off Ebay (originally didn't have one), and replaced valve cover gasket. 

plan on lowering it an inch or two and putting some retro JDM wheels on. would be cool to sr swap too. 

more pics to come. (Im new at this so give me a break🙂)

 

IMG_0067.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, CEAZERKHAN said:

plan on lowering it an inch or two and putting some retro JDM wheels on.

 

It really needs 3".  😁

 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, CEAZERKHAN said:

would be cool to sr swap too.

 

Never thought I would ever say this, but...

 

While that would be super cool, with even half-assed maintenance the stock engine will also run forever. 😁

Edited by datsunfreak
Link to comment
On 9/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, datsunfreak said:

 

It really needs 3".  😁

 

 

Never thought I would ever say this, but...

 

While that would be super cool, with even half-assed maintenance the stock engine will also run forever. 😁

Yea im still new to this lol, good to know the engine is that reliable. it does leak a bit of oil out of the back side of the valve cover, got a brand new gasket and made sure its down tight enough, but it runs like a dream. 

Link to comment
16 hours ago, CEAZERKHAN said:

Yea im still new to this lol, good to know the engine is that reliable. it does leak a bit of oil out of the back side of the valve cover, got a brand new gasket and made sure its down tight enough, but it runs like a dream. 

 

Those are always leaking on these. They seem to only last about 20 years without leaking.  😁

 

It could probably use a rocker adjustment as well. Since yours is a '78 it should already have electronic ignition, so that and some fresh plugs/wires/cap/rotor should have you right as rain. 👍

Edited by datsunfreak
Link to comment
4 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

 

Those are always leaking on these. They seem to only last about 20 years without leaking.  😁

 

It could probably use a rocker adjustment as well. Since yours is a '78 it should already have electronic ignition, so that and some fresh plugs/wires/cap/rotor should have you right as rain. 👍

well good to know its a common leak.😄

 

when i first got it got the rockers adjusted, just got new spark plugs for it, and still on the look-out for fresh wires/cap/rotor/etc. thank you for all the help!😀

 

Edited by CEAZERKHAN
Link to comment
10 hours ago, CEAZERKHAN said:

still on the look-out for fresh wires/cap/rotor/etc. thank you for all the help!😀

 

NGK blue wires, part number 8108. 👍

 

NGW8108_1__ra_p.jpg

 

Rockauto.com has them for $12.06 right now. They also have Standard Motor caps and rotors (best version due to brass contacts instead of cheap pot metal). 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

 

NGK blue wires, part number 8108. 👍

 

NGW8108_1__ra_p.jpg

 

Rockauto.com has them for $12.06 right now. They also have Standard Motor caps and rotors (best version due to brass contacts instead of cheap pot metal). 👍

sick, ill have to go take a look later and get them!👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Is it just me, or are those really tiny? 😁

yea i still have trouble posting images. I image seached it then pasted the image, i tried to make it bigger but it didnt work. i have no idea what im doing lmao😂

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 12:48 PM, CEAZERKHAN said:

pics i got down at the park


Ge_IDHrC3XzAKJnAiR_vLKoh9fE23gnh5Xd0OncC6MF9QJv7hUhuw9hnNToCUDCQmpuQrA=s113

 

 

 

 

 

_7nZP4ZHVd2VYuaMGr7W52x9vhXYJbdxoA6xze0t

 

V8vixc2inLo93ex2ijrxxdsmD_JgiPrbgkjtut7O

 

 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:41 AM, datsunfreak said:

Is it just me, or are those really tiny? 😁

finally got it, had to try a couple of apps but it seems Imgur works best

zuXhOYC.jpg

QrS6wsg.png

tvPvA0N.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.