Jump to content

210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!


Capital15

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just the thread I was looking for! I picked up an abused 81 210 just a few months back, he had 5 owners in the past year and I couldn't bring myself to leave him like that.  I've decided to give him a forever home and treat him better. Hasn't been on the road bedsides the drive home, replaced the camber wear and wire showing tires all around, tie rod ends and got it to at least move in a straight line- then the throttle cable that was GLUED in place gave up the day I was set to get an alignment- currently fixing the crap throttle cable install from one of the last owners, getting it off cut springs, rear brake overhaul and Browsing low back bucket seats to replace the miss-matched no-name seats that were only held in place by one bolt each (face palm). At this point I don't care at all how long it takes, or how much money I spend- He will be brought back to my appeal sooner or later, and I will never give up. IG: misfit_sid

 

71151735-139792990611913-40360507927738270979937-492368097979659-26441881541710569750981-428420867797618-76530559079041670321717-2355865907999241-3842140121496971120831-962341184111857-11226493319531371516201-977678759238818-14605561412571372749769-754843458299881-555505752752292

  • Like 3
Link to post

A 38/38 weber??? That's a 4 liter engine carb and way too large a carburetor for an A14. A 32/36 would be more user friendly and drive better on a stock engine. The tires look great. What's wrong with the rear cut springs? If too low you can use rubber spacers to lift it, as long as you don't mind the stiffness. Was the front lowered the same way?

 

Kudos for caring about 'him'.

  • Like 1
Link to post

According to one of the last owners its bored out but I doubt it. At the moment I'm just working on all the broken/abused areas then I can focus of what has be done with the motor, as it is right now I cant even drive it down the road to get a feel for what mechanical areas I need to pay attention to. I've got a lot of ground to cover and looking forward to replacing all the nonsense components. in the long run I may not keep the a14, I just want to make sure the chassis is worth a swap down the road. ps. this is my first project car and fist carbureted one at that, so I have some learning to do for sure!

Link to post

Your 210 was almost the last Datsun car with a carburetor. The Stanza followed and had a carburetor up to Sept. '83. The Sentra to Aug. '82. Then all were EFI. Certainly a carburetor mechanically mixes gas and air and it can be understood in a physical sense. You can see what wrong usually and fix it or at worst, know whats wrong. EFI is electrons and sensors you can't tell if working by looking at it. 

 

Well, you came to the right spot. Have never owned an EFI vehicle.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I've got that one thanks! I really wanted to see a manual from 1979. I've got both a 79 and a 81. And I do notice different things in the engine bay, along with different wires and hoses.

Link to post

Lucky mine was pretty much running condition when I bought it. It'll need a full body restore though.

 

Well, i said running (which it is) but ac doesn't work, choke cable snapped, boot/trunk cable snapped, most dials/gauges not working, very weak handbrake/ebrake, a seized brake piston, rusted through exhaust pipe, but aside from those I can drive it on the road lol.

 

Will slowly restomod it. Also first project, first carburated and first rwd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 4/22/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jas'ren said:

According to one of the last owners its bored out but I doubt it. At the moment I'm just working on all the broken/abused areas then I can focus of what has be done with the motor, as it is right now I cant even drive it down the road to get a feel for what mechanical areas I need to pay attention to. I've got a lot of ground to cover and looking forward to replacing all the nonsense components. in the long run I may not keep the a14, I just want to make sure the chassis is worth a swap down the road. ps. this is my first project car and fist carbureted one at that, so I have some learning to do for sure!

put in a honda engine 😲

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Anybody know what metal the bumpers are on a 210 (B310)? I can’t do the magnet test til tomorrow but I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what they are. I was looking to get them polished but it helps to know what I’m dealing with.

Link to post

Put the magnet on this morning and we have contact. Anyone know if they chrome plated these? Just about everything was an option on that car so I’m wondering if some rolled out strait metal with some kind of protectant or if having it chrome plated was an option or was standard.

Link to post
7 hours ago, colourbox said:

Put the magnet on this morning and we have contact. Anyone know if they chrome plated these? Just about everything was an option on that car so I’m wondering if some rolled out strait metal with some kind of protectant or if having it chrome plated was an option or was standard.

This may or may not answer your question

  • Like 1
Link to post

They should be chrome plated steel from the factory. 

 

The tricky bit is taking the ends off without breaking them, but since it's a west coast car, they may come off easily...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
Link to post
On 6/21/2020 at 12:19 AM, gvk said:


I actually visit that site quite a bit. It’s pretty useful but not for this 😞 They are very specific about overseas one piece bumpers being chrome but the 3 piece North America isn’t really answered. This line in particular is rather ambiguous: North America required the large bumpers while other countries got a choice, including still-boxy but lighter bumpers and simple full-chrome versions. Still doesn’t describe if the larger is chromed or not. Ugh! At least it says they are steel.

 

9 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

They should be chrome plated steel from the factory. 

 

The tricky bit is taking the ends off without breaking them, but since it's a west coast car, they may come off easily...

 

I have taken the end caps off so no problem there. I got some that were in a little better shape than mine so I reconditioned and swapped them. The bumpers did have rust that I removed so it makes me wonder if the chrome was an option which mine didn’t get. Or did the chrome come off if that’s even a thing and that’s why the rust.

 

I’m on the fence if chroming mine is a good look. I feel like it’s too shiny so all you see is BUMPER and then car. You know what I mean? But maybe between the end caps and rubber strips maybe it won’t be so obnoxious. I love me some don’t get me wrong. I’m not sure of the look with the car as a whole.

Link to post
55 minutes ago, colourbox said:

I’m on the fence if chroming mine is a good look. I feel like it’s too shiny so all you see is BUMPER and then car. You know what I mean?

 

Yeah, but with all that black stuff on it, I think it would look really good. 👍

 

197-BH7448_Nissan-Datsun-210-B310.jpg

Link to post
2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

 

Yeah, but with all that black stuff on it, I think it would look really good. 👍

 

197-BH7448_Nissan-Datsun-210-B310.jpg


Yeah maybe. I’m starting to lean that way a little. 🤔

Link to post
5 hours ago, gvk said:

Has anyone installed the sedan tail lamps on a hatchback before? Curious how it looks.

 

Problem is there are two different sedan tails, and two different hatch tails, and none of them are the same shape as each other...  😁

Link to post
9 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

 

Problem is there are two different sedan tails, and two different hatch tails, and none of them are the same shape as each other...  😁

Yeah I did imagine custom work need to be done to the rear panel. My late hatch tails need to be replaced but since I don't really like the look of it, was thinking of changing it. The late sedan tails seems to be available new from Taiwan so I was thinking about what needs to be done if I wanted to use those. But maybe I'll just convert to early hatch tails. Idk, just ideas for now.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Pics of 210s, I suppose I can help with that.  Here's a few I owned.  The white one was too nice to paint but too white for my taste so has moved on and I'm working to combine the green and silver ones.

block puzzle.jpg

Edited by pdp8
  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.