210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

I know full well that even though I give them a paint code it won’t match so I’ll have to get the whole car painted. 

I know paint shops in Cali suck, so sorry about that.   :bye:

My advice, find a paint supplier that can digitally scan the stock paint and match it. I normally do this for just painting one panel, and typically use the gas door for the match. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know paint shops in Cali suck, so sorry about that. :bye:

My advice, find a paint supplier that can digitally scan the stock paint and match it. I normally do this for just painting one panel, and typically use the gas door for the match.

Believe it or not I’ve gotten Stanley painted at Maaco over the last 20 years about 3 or 4 times and they always did a great job except the last time which was shit. I’ve been calling around and I got a tip there’s a cat at a Maaco near me that does great work so I need to go check it out. Not only will I be getting the fender done, I’ll be taking in the rear sight shield (odd name for that piece) so they can make sure it’s close in color (I have the paint code) and then I need that piece fixed for the paint drop that’s on it. I was going to take the gas door but then thought why not get that piece fixed too. The fender is bent (I didn’t notice before cause it’s right in the crease where the fender rounds up to meet the grille cowl). It was such a small bend I didn’t notice so I’m getting that fixed and then I’ll take this stuff in. It better be good or I’ll snatch somebody’s spine right out of their back like Repo The Genetic Opera.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its funny y'all mention bolts coming loose on the York compressors, happened to mine a few months ago! My compressor is still good though, I also had a tube nut on the drier crack however so need to get a new one. I believe a York compressor for a Subaru Brat 'may' work in the York's place but I haven't verified yet. Eventually I want to switch to a Sanden compressor too. Let us know how well it works out!

The Sanden is actually working great. No drain on the engine whether I’m on the streets or freeway. No pull even going up hill. My mechanic said he was going to try and use the brackets off the original compressor if he could to mount it. I don’t know if he accomplished that or not. I forgot to ask. The vibration is also very minimal. There is some when the a/c is on but it’s not awful. We’re at the stage where he’s figuring out the right belt. He had a larger one on but then went down in size. It was seizing before. Smaller one is better but he’s still working on adjusting the right tightness on it. Stanley’s back in the shop cause he was idling weird. He’s getting a tune up now. It’s been a while since he’s had one.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok my 210 brothers (and sisters if you're out there) I'm starting to make emblems again. Still messing around with the molding material. It's working my last nerve but I'm trying some new stuff. Fingers crossed.

I made a mold of the dimmer switch nut which came out quite nice. Even the threads work.

LaoxDcR.jpg

b4LQ2kv.jpg

I've also made some of the gas door latch catches cause I was being asked for some.

Q3FtlgE.jpg

tqwbOPL.jpg

I am thinking of molding up the undertrim pieces as I'd like to have extras in case of. If any of you would be interested let me know. That'll put the fire under my bum to go ahead with it.

FWrqZFK.jpg

I am also thinking of doing the steering column cover and the piece that goes around the ignition key since those always disintegrate. If these pieces interest anyone let me know here. I haven't gotten around to it yet but I was going to post the gas door latch catches and dimmer switch nuts in the classified. I'll have to figure out shipping and I'll post.

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, afracer said:

I'd be interested in the instrument cluster surround and lower dash pieces too.

I'm not sure I'd attempt the instrument cluster. At this point I'm just thinking the steering column cover and under dash pieces. Maybe after I figure out how well those pieces mold up I'll attempt that. Good to know someone would be interested though. Thanks for speaking up.

15 hours ago, colourbox said:

I will be attempting to make the ignition key cover this weekend (sans dirt of course). The other parts (steering cluster and under trim) I'm going to try after JCCS. I still have a few things to put on Stanley to get him ready.

RmjSwxe.jpg

GXb3NcX.jpg

Did you know a length of fiber optic wire goes from a light on back of the instrument cluster to the small hole on the key surround? I have it on mine but it sure doesn't cast much light. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, afracer said:

Did you know a length of fiber optic wire goes from a light on back of the instrument cluster to the small hole on the key surround? I have it on mine but it sure doesn't cast much light. 

I have been wondering what that hole is for. I thought it might've been something during manufacturing but even still it didn't make any sense for that to be there. My car never had any fiber optics and I've never seen one in the boneyard that did. When I make these I'm going to have to plug that hole. Can't have the material running through it.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:52 PM, colourbox said:

Anybody know where I can get an oil pan for an A15 210? 

I'm sure you know this already, but only an A15 pan fits straight on. 

You can use an oil pan from any 1200 or 210, but only after you put a few strategic dents in it. 

B210 pans are no good. 

11 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

I'm sure you know this already, but only an A15 pan fits straight on. 

You can use an oil pan from any 1200 or 210, but only after you put a few strategic dents in it. 

B210 pans are no good. 

Thanks, yes, I know. The one on ebay is for a 1200/210 A15 but it’s $300. My mechanic said he wants to fix mine but I’m ok with a new one. Just wondered if anyone had a lead on another place to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

My oil pan is too far gone so I ordered the new one. I also found a company that says they build to order. Would take them 30 days and they wanted $270 for it. I ended up buying front and back window weatherstripping from them. I asked if it was OEM and they said it was. Aftermarket rubber is not very good but for some of us it's all we can get. Their website is jp-carparts.com. They have an ebay store but you can email them directly on their site and ask them for anything you're after. I've been sending them part numbers to look up and got lucky with the weatherstripping. I was hoping they had some for the driver side door but they don't.

Meanwhile, I got Stanley painted and he looks great! What you're looking at there is the NOS fender I got a while back. Getting ready for JCCS.

2eSLzvc.jpg

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys!! so i really have no clue how to post pictures of things on here yet but i have a question for anyone who might know a thing or two. i’m trying to flush my heater core and i can’t find the damn hoses that go into my firewall. any idea where those are on a 1981 210? i’ve looked but probably not as hard as i should have. any help would be great!!