2dr. 510 rear Stub axle

****** Edit***** Just Realized this is a classified thread.... so yea wrong section... guess Ill post one in drivetrain

Sorry to bring this back from the dead... again... but it seems to be the most informative topic I have found and its always good to keep topics together...

In the process of going through my 71 4dr before autocrossing the 23rd- had some play in the front wheels- rebuilt those hubs and torques them and they seem fine-

Im stuck on the back one and looking for help- 

I have the drum and shoes removed- and if I grab the lugs I can wiggle the plate slightly from 12-6- it apears to be wiggling through the hub housing - which leads me to believe it is bad bearings.... :( - 

My haynes manual doenst make it seem nearly as bad as what has been said here - but they also talk about a self locking nut and 58ft lbs torque....

Am I just mixing things up? does this sound like a wheel bearing issue? - it definitely isnt a suspension issue... as I can see that it moves on either side of the hub-

thanks in advance for the help! trying to get her completely together and ready for the autocross in just over a week- 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.