1971 SR20(VE) ITB 510 Sedan (CA)

would you ever want to pull the swap? i could give you everything to make it rad again full l20b 44mm itbs 4into1 header plus cash on top my way. really low mile not rebuilt engine and a dogleg 5 speed. engine is from one car the 5 speed from another. that way you can get this thing sold and still get some money out of your engine too. i take it back i cant see this thing cannibalized its just too awsum of a car. KEEP IT

(but i must admit that is one legit engine swap! wish i had something like it!)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So I got an email on youtube about how this dude and 2 of his buddies are waiting

for price drops. LOL. I sent him an email and I was like bro just shoot me a decent

offer and the car is yours. No reply. Lmao.

Just for everyone's information not one person has shot me an offer on my car yet except for

my brother. His family hook up price didn't cut it.

Dude I hope you didnt offer an Sti for this 510 staight up. Super cool 510 but probably worth 9 g's, a beatup sti goes for atleast 13,000 most in the 16,000 range. Im not trying to be a hater sr20ve510 but if no one has made a offer it probably means your price is too high, just sayin.

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay, yes its a cool swap and diff. The rear firewall is cut out??? This car remindes me of the white 510 with the vq swap was asking 13k and ended up selling on ebay for around 6k just because it was a cool swap and u put a lot of money into it don't mean u will get it back out. 4 doors are harder to sell then 2 doors if it was a 2 door I think u might have a easyer time getting what u want. That being said I think u will end up taking around 9k or keep it

I've got well over $20K into a heavily-modded 400-hp S13 convertible ($6K just in the engine)... I know when I sell it (soon), I'll be LUCKY to get $9K for it. But that's the way these projects go.

I hope you get your asking price, it's clearly a well-done swap. Keep up the great work.

Everyone would like to see the asking price paid but in reality, although non buyers rave about it and wish they could have it, if they had 12K of hard earned cash on hand I'll bet they would soon start picking it apart and are tire kickers. It fits a niche market with very few takers as you have found out. You would have to find someone (with money) who was going to do the same thing and this will save him the time and effort. For a broader market appeal consider installing a back seat, stock gas tank, and putting the battery under the hood so the trunk can be used. It's a given that the headliner be installed and interior finished along with a good paint job. too bad about the firewall. If you had done the work on the car yourself it would have cost you less and the price would be lower. Sure you would have to pay yourself nothing but you would be closer to getting back the money spent on parts. Don't forget depreciation... a $200 sway bar is now used so if you remove it and sell you'll get very little for it. Good luck but I think you will be keeping it.

Terrible wind noise included but the the dude at the end saying the clutch was slipping was very clear. Too bad.

Dude I hope you didnt offer an Sti for this 510 staight up. Super cool 510 but probably worth 9 g's, a beatup sti goes for atleast 13,000 most in the 16,000 range. Im not trying to be a hater sr20ve510 but if no one has made a offer it probably means your price is too high, just sayin.

Right. I see what you're saying, and understand why you think my car isn't worth the money.

So here I go. 17k invested. Google the prices and you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm only

asking roughly 2/3 of the price of the amount of money I've put into a car. If this had a SR20DET

I'm willing to bet you would say my car is worth 10K,my build was a few g's more than that swap.

My motor build, tuning, wiring, etc. was 6K alone. You really should take a long hard peek at my

parts list before you say what you think my car is worth. :) I'm not upset or anything and I respect

your opinion, I just beg to differ. :)No joke tho, those who think they may have wanted my car I'm

taking my car off the market soon so the chances of picking it up are fading.

I will entertain offers....and with this economy only you are some what right. ;)

I feel your pain man, I know you have some good stuff on there, the ecu and itb's are big money I am just a realist. Im dropping a bunch of money into my 510 right now knowing ill never see that money again but its fun. You should keep the car anyhow and finish it, this car with a nice paint job would be one of the best 510s around. Your gonna lose your ass on this car anyhow might as well finish it. You could take it to James (the510keeper) from what I can tell from pictures he does real nice work and my guess is that he's probably fairly cheap. The comparison to the sr20det is funny though because your motor is unique and sexy but for the same cash into a det youd probably have another 100 hp. Its the ol form over function thing. Having said all that I wish you luck in your sale, Im not saying your cars not worth the money I just think it unlikely youll get that much money.

Yeah well it's all a matter of opinion. I've had people say it's not worth it and back and forth.

Fortunately for me I have a good job that's not going any where soon so I can sit on my car. And if

in the end I lose 8 or 9k then o well. It's not that big of a

deal. I know that I WILL NOT GET BACK WHAT I PAID FOR MY CAR. I've said this over and over again.

And yeah you can get more HP for a DET but seriously if you're not doing 1/4 mile then why the hell

would you need more that 200bhp? It's over kill in a 510, fact. I know eventually someone will see

the deal and know that they are saving mad cash by buying my car and will give me my asking price.

Wait....sit..and see. My 510 is one of the sickest ever and def...one of the most original ever.

muhahahaaaa....thanks all. ;0

As for the clutch, it's been fixed. Other wise I wouldn't be slaying M3's, WRX's, and EVO's etc..etc..

I'm not trying to be an a55 but let's be serious, am I supposed to give my car away for less a 2/3 of

the build price? If you took all my parts and ripped them from my car you still would be saving money.

Think about it. Do I need to break the savings down for you to see that it cost me 17k so far? And we

even did a lot of the work ourselves. Firewall? 2x2x4 for the solenoids. Not a big deal. I guess you

could go remote, we thought about it, but came to the conclusion that what we did was the best option

for what we wanted out of the VVL. The battery is right behind the passenger front seat, you can still

sit there, easily. It's an oddessy, tiny. Interior finish is a rear seat refurb, headliner and that's it. $800.00. Paint job, anywhere from $400.00 to $5000.00. Depends on what you want. Basically I didn't jank

out my car so you can still ad your personal style to it. There is a lot of shit you have to take into

consideration when building a car. I've taken all my time and effort ( 1 year waiting for my ITB manifold)

and just did the numbers. It's weird that Ratsun folks are calling me out on my price. Nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ratsun is full of actual 510 owners who know prices and such...so you getting 12k out of anyone on this forum is highly unlikely...plus its ratsun for a reason.

On the other hand you should just continue reposting it on craigslist...there are alot of crazy buyers who have money to blow. You'll get luckier that way.

Best of luck.

yeah if you sell this that leaves you with.... a honda civic.... FAIL

I learned this from a dude on 510 Realm....lol

Fail? Fail what? Because I own a Honda?

Is my IS350 fail too? What?

Ratsun is full of actual 510 owners who know prices and such...so you getting 12k out of anyone on this forum is highly unlikely...plus its ratsun for a reason.

On the other hand you should just continue reposting it on craigslist...there are alot of crazy buyers who have money to blow. You'll get luckier that way.

Best of luck.

You say actual 510 owners who know prices and such. I don't get what you mean? Please explain.

Lucky? Lucky with what?

And u still have it no one bought it. Some people like 4 doors better but most like 2 doors better.

Actually i had alot of interest, but i held off to see what would happen, and i was able to keep her like i wanted. I NEVER want to sell my dime, but family comes first, and if i wouldnt of come into some extra cash she would of been gone. I had about 5 people the first day she was up that wanted to get her, but i didnt call any of them back, i just put up names and numbers so if i really had to, i could. Also the wife didnt want me to sell it either. A rare thing, a woman who would rather you sell your 08, and be able to drive her 510 everyday ;). Got to love a datsun wife.

And i know this is a late reply, but shows how much interest ive had in this thread. I stated my statement on this, and ive grown up around all the cars from a man thats built over 150 of them and sold them. I love the uniqueness of your dime, but id rather pay 12 for the vq 510. V6 pwns vvl anyday :) specially with the sound. I would keep her, and finish her man. Datsun owners are cheap, hell i dont want to pay 125 bucks for a lip.

i personally think its a bitchin car with a fair price tag. would take a lot to build another one.

props for stickin' to yer guns with the price. i think its worth it. good luck with sale!

I Honestly feel The same way! great engine setup, very Unique! The Video is not great but who cares looks like it drives great! Be Patient and the right buyer will come along! Good Luck!:thumbup:

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.