1971 SR20(VE) ITB 510 Sedan (CA)

SOLD.........

1971 SR20VE Datsun 510 for sale/trade (Bay area) $12,300 obo

I am up for possible trades that are stock or close to it, preferably a sedan.

Here's some spec's and a link to picture's and video:

DSCI1053.jpg

DSCI1049.jpg

DSCI1048.jpg

DSCI1055.jpg

DSCI1047.jpg

DSCI1046.jpg

DSCI1051.jpg

See video's below:

S14 SR20DE block with a SR20VE head (11:1 compression).

LS1 coilpacks

Maddat engine mount kit with 1" swaybar

Haltech E6X Stand alone computer

Custom Danstoy intake ITB manifold

AE111 ITB's

T3 velocity stacks (Techno Toy Tuning)

DGR aluminum radiator/custom brackets

12" electric fan

Custom DGR stainless 4-1 header

2.5" mild steel exhaust with stainless Magna-flow muffler

New clutch

S13 front Megan coilovers welded to 280Z spindles

T3 knuckle risers (Techno Toy Tuning)

T3 rear coilovers (Techno Toy Tuning)

T3 tension rods (Techno Toy Tuning)

14x7 -9 Konig Rewinds with 185/55/14 Federal 595's. New.

SRD Recaro seats

Schroth race harnesses

Nardi Deep 350mm Steering Wheel

Works Bell quick release

ACR (Japan) Steering wheel adaptor

Greddy oil pressure and water temp gauges

Pivot (Japan) 80mm tachometer

New carpet/Datsunrestore.com

10 gallon RCI aluminum fuel cell/open install

Walbro fuel pump

3.7 LSD (Limited slip etc..) rear-end

Cusco swaybar

Odyssey battery/wiring/bracket relocation

R&D Aftermarket oil pan

http://www.youtube.com/user/remkoart#p/a/u/0/SYUYdqgaIZ0

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments gents. Including the car, I put 16k into this project.

The main reason for this post is for the low balling offers I've received.

Look up the parts alone and add them up, don't even include the car, or tuning. See

what you get. I knew before I started this project that I wouldn't get my money back, time, and effort, etc..

So with that said, I am not desperate, but I will entertain offers. I priced this car

to sell so I wouldn't have to haggle to much. Reality is......something is only

worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :)

Thanks everyone for your support. Stay up!

The thing is your probally going to keep getting low offers, while your 510 is sweet, theirs lots of others that are completly done for way less. For 8k theres a orange fj20 in seattle which is nice as hell, but not as unique as urs. Remember 510 owners are cheap as hell I hope you sell this though its such a sweet swap.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 WRX, gutted. It has a SPT catback exhaust and HKS Hipermax III coilovers. I don't have most of the interior, it was mostly sold and some threw away.

I have extra parts too mostly cosmetic. Which is STI front end (Bumper, fenders and fender moldings). The rear left door is an STI door and it flares out, I don't have the stock one cause this guy had to cut it up.

I still owe about 12 thousand or less on it (mom bought the car as a gift but didn't payed it off:rolleyes:) .

Like I said I don't have the interior parts only some. Also, ac is at my house I removed it.

This is the site it's back to it's state but I can give you the STI front end if you like.

http://www.allwheeljunkies.com/showthread.php?t=29271

The thing is your probally going to keep getting low offers, while your 510 is sweet, theirs lots of others that are completly done for way less. For 8k theres a orange fj20 in seattle which is nice as hell, but not as unique as urs. Remember 510 owners are cheap as hell I hope you sell this though its such a sweet swap.

I hear what you're saying, you make a great point. I ask what is the definition of completely done? No Datsun is ever done. My car needs paint, stripping, dyno mat, and a headliner. Done. Like I said I put about 16K into my car, it's garaged and I don't daily up to this point. If I had paint, headliner, and the other couple of small things I would be selling between 16 and 20K. I've said this over and over I knew when I started building this car I knew would never see my money back on it. Understood. But I'm not going to be low-balled and taken for a ride. It might never sell, worst case I keep it and keep moving ahead with it. I can't compare my price to someones price because it's two completely different set-ups.

I've seen SR20DET's go for 6k up towards 25K. Price ranges are all over the place. How many people on this site do you think have driven a Datsun with my set-up? Is my car worth what I put into it? Hmmm...that's up for debate. Is it worth 12K? Absolutely. I hope I haven't offended you. :)

Good job on the hybrid SRVE, does your standalone run the cam solenoids too?

Yes. Everything. Haltec rocks!

I have a 2008 WRX, gutted. It has a SPT catback exhaust and HKS Hipermax III coilovers. I don't have most of the interior, it was mostly sold and some threw away.

I have extra parts too mostly cosmetic. Which is STI front end (Bumper, fenders and fender moldings). The rear left door is an STI door and it flares out, I don't have the stock one cause this guy had to cut it up.

I still owe about 12 thousand or less on it (mom bought the car as a gift but didn't payed it off:rolleyes:) .

Like I said I don't have the interior parts only some. Also, ac is at my house I removed it.

This is the site it's back to it's state but I can give you the STI front end if you like.

Sorry bro no thanks I don't want to deal with payments left on your sweet ride. I will trade straight up, partial with cash, or straight cash. Mind you if everything is even on both ends of the trade. I hope that came out right. I'm not talking straight up for your car. :)

i love how humble you are about this, and how you aren't being an average joe A-hole and talking crap about the people who low ball you. That's solid mate, real upright. If i had the money, and didn't have other items that had more priority to be bought i would buy this in a heartbeat. Great work.

I dont see this being worth 25k ??? are you planning on paying the car off then trading ???

Okay here's the deal, I'm not going to have a garage soon and I don't want my Datsun outside on the street/and

I don't want to pay for storage if I don't have to. Go's to storage if not sold by the end of the month.

Will not sell for a penny less than the new price. Thanks.

Price drop $10,500 FIRM

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie, I can't believe my car hasn't sold already.

$10,500.00 is a deal. Maybe I should do a break down with prices of everything

Scan the receipts in the computer, I wonder if that would help? plus

the economy is bad.

Also some guy on Craigslist from Sunnyvale California sent me hate mail saying my

car wasn't worth the money....haha he said it was worth 4 grand or something.

I would like to tell you all the content of the email he sent me but it was

very race oriented and just sad. I can't figure out why someone would waste their

time to send me a hateful email like that. Very jank.

Bump.

Ive been watching the forums and craigslist everyday for almost two years and nice 510s dont sell very well. Theres a nice one with a fj around here thats been for sale for atleast a year and a half. There was a white sr'd restored one that went for 9500 not too long ago. If I were you Id find a way to keep it, my guess is you would be hard pressed right now to get 9,000 for it.

Hi, you've got video of this dime on the dyno, what's it pushing? Tottaly sweet by the way.

It put 180whp down on a Mustang Dyno. My tuner said that is 200whp on a Dyno Jet.

He owns a Mustang so when he tells me that I believe him. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.