Anyone heard of this book?

smelt240

I just got this off a friend who I bought one of my 510's from. He used to race a built 1200. The book is called "Datsun 1200 Competition Suspension" It is the factory manual on building the race cars.It has the full size blueprints for all of the brackets,supports,shackle plates etc,folded up inside it. Im charging the camera now,Ill get some pics of it up asap. I just thought it was a super cool find. Now I just need a 1200......

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The book is indeed on Datsun1200.com but not the full size folded up drawings. Now if someone would go to a print shop and have thiers digitized into a format that can be printed full size... :hyper:

They do show up on fleabay occasionally. I plan on a 280zx strut swap myself, even have most of the parts, but if I could get a copy of the prints, I might do the mods in the book. Want to sell it?

Sorry,I cant sell the book,but I can try and get the blueprints printed out. I have no idea what Kinkos or a place like that would charge,the print is pretty big. Ill get over there some night this week,and find out what a few copies would cost,and also,Im going to make some copies of the book itself,in a 3 ring binder format-so I dont have to keep opening the original... Im not looking to make anything off this,just thought it would help out some other Datsun freaks!

That would be awesome! Depending on the size, it should only cost a few bucks each copy. I'd definitly pay for a copy, heck I'd pay for a better copy of the book too, printing the one off Datsun1200.com is nice but not the greatest copy. If you get a chance to do this let me know and I will get some dollars your way.

The book is indeed on Datsun1200.com but not the full size folded up drawings. Now if someone would go to a print shop and have thiers digitized into a format that can be printed full size... :hyper:

It would be cheaper and easier if you had these scanned to a full size digital format (jpg or pdf). 1 24" x 36" print is $30 to $50.

It should be cheaper if you can go to a blueprint type buisness that does buisness with the architectural/construction industry. We were able to get a 24x36 photo copy for about 1-2 dollars. That was a discount because we did a decent volume but still shouldn't be more than 10 bucks a copy. Having it scanned is part of the copy process so it should be cheaper too. Going to a Kinkos type place is indeed expensive for large format stuff.

Or you could just buy a scanner for your computer ($30) (and then post the images on here), put the images on a USB ($5) and take them into Kmart and get them printed out ($2 p/page)