P5230475.jpg

P5230474.jpg

P5230471.jpg

P5230476.jpg

P5230479.jpg

P5230480.jpg

P5230481.jpg

These pics of the PL411. Man is it clean and straight

Number one! Don't throw away that dash radio delete plate! They are tricky to remove without breaking off the plastic studs but with a little patience the sheet metal screw fasteners can be unscrewed.

Number two, based on the trunk lid configuration that is either a very early 411 or a 410. Check the ID plate in the engine compartment.

Well Just played with the SSS a little.Ran motor some more and found hose leaks, Fixed those, bled the brakes. They feel very solid now. Replaced the clutch master as no pressure coming out of it. Clutch now has movement. Next change all fluids, throw some good tires on it and it should be able to be driven. The red car had the carb missing mounting bolts and the screws to hold it in one piece. Carb has been pulled and need to find the screws to hold it together, then the process starts on it to get him running. At that point both cars will be driveable.

No success today with the carb on the red one. Put the other carb on and poured some gas down his throat and it came out around the 2 gaskets at the base. Need to cut some new gaskets. Will do that Tuesday. Working some more on the black one, Pounded some of the dent on the rear 1/4 panel. Got the tail light fitting correctly, re-formed the body line, Next will be strip the paint and filler time.

Guess maybe I should start a build thread on the black SSS. Red car will probably be sold once I have him up and running

• 2 weeks later...

Nice score, Greg!!!

I'm almost finished with my resto on the WRL, but Jason (my buddy up the road who bought the hood from you) is in need of some parts for his WRL... Might touch base with him if you're planning on offloading anything.

p.s. Mike's right - I'm pretty sure the red one is a 410.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a new contact today. I met a fellow datsun lover who is into the 1200's. this contact is also an upholsterer and is going to do my car for me. Sweet. I will post pictures on here when done. I need to start a build thread for the black 411SSS. Amyone who need upholstery let me know I will contact him.

Well many parts on the parts car sold yesterday along with wagon rear doors and some extra glass. Had a great albeit short conversation with 67wrx about the cars. He drove almost 16 hours each direction because he needed the glass. Thanks Chris

I spy a red drivers side door panel. Perhaps some better trim pieces too. It looks like someone was pretty hard on it in the later years. I wouldn't mind an actual 411 rim for my spare either (I'm pretty sure my wheel is 510.)

(Never mind, it looks like you are going to drive the black one.)