The right house

So this is my first post at this site so fire at will. I see some of us have met from 311's. cool site with the people to match. But I need more. Over the winter I gave my ride a complete resto from body/frame pads down. Fist's full of money,but a ride oh so worth it. Complete re-seal engine -.006 on head,new clutch group ect. ect. ect..Drives and handles like a dream. Little soft on brakes but more to come.I'm intrested in the KA swap to put the attitude in the car. I met with Doug S. owner of Fairlady Motorsports in U.P. WA. He assures me that good solid power,in torque as well can be obtained from the DE version.Believe me at some point forced induction will be a requirement. Quick question though.. Fri I'm picking up a smoker DE from 96 200sx. Eng,trans,engine harness,ecu. The Ecu is from an auto sentra. was wondering if it was compatable? with the 5,spd from the 96,Also is there a eng. code that would confirm the origon of it? Thanks for any help,

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the roadster guys that are popping up here! PICS PICS PICS! Sorry I have no answers for you, but someone will be along shortly I am sure. But pics would get them here faster.

Did I mention pics? :D

Yes my friend that is what dreams are made of. No limit...........then go faster! The weather was freak'in awsome today. Top down blast'in down the road,cougar hunt? or on the snoop!!! whatever sunshine is good. We'll see what tomorrow brings with this K24 in Bonny Lake.

WOOOOOOW! That is the ticket,or can easily get them for that matter! The image of your wonderful creation will help to keep me on task. I've already torn down the engine and am putting a mic to the crank,rods,and pistons this eve. I'm trying to make up a bit of time right now with the project. Was thinking wheels untill about a week ago,then thought whats the sense if not fast but looks fast. Got my priority's in line and went for KA swap. Cant wait for the 5spd. Your pic look's great . Have or would you consider turbo? I'm probably.......... wrong , am going that direction when initial swap is de-bugged and reliable. Something about the sound of having 240+hp at the push of the pedal gets me rather, shall we say........EXCITED!!!!! Geez your swap looks like OEM. Probably a brake upgrade as well? As far as engine placement,I'v heard some folks lowering the engine pads I guess to lower C.G. possibly. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for your time, and beautiful ride brother.

D-65; everytime I look at that ride, I want to be behind the wheel of it. That thng is so cool. Did the front drop much more than what you had before KA. I have comp.frt. spring set installed from Dean. Give up some more eye candy on that rig for all of us to enjoy.

Really no difference between the r16 vs KA as far as front end height. Originally (with the r16) I was running 175/70r14 tires. After the swap, I definitely needed a more aggressive wheel/tires combo.

Now riding on Superlite rims with Falken RT-615 tires. Also purchased a set of comp springs from Dean. The change in tire size really required a front-end drop to close up the tire-to-fender gap.

Here are some shots from about 3 weeks ago:

28692_122410954436546_112711758739799_304827_7200146_n.jpg

28692_122410901103218_112711758739799_304813_2336637_n.jpg

For the swap, all the credit goes to Dan Gallmeister @ DGR Fabrication.

The cooling system is using a Fluidyne radiator which fits a del sol. With the swap, I wanted to keep the car looking as if the KA belonged under the hood. It is running Classic Instrument Gauges and a small PC680 Odyssey battery custom fabricated into the fender wheel of the trunk.

DSCF9716.jpg

DSCF9712.jpg

• Like 1

D-65; everytime I look at that ride, I want to be behind the wheel of it. That thng is so cool. Did the front drop much more than what you had before KA. I have comp.frt. spring set installed from Dean. Give up some more eye candy on that rig for all of us to enjoy.

We Roadster owners in the NW have an online group, called DROPS, or Datsun Roadsters of Puget Sound...if you are interested, I can give you the contact info. There is also NWDE.org, a fun club to join. We help each other with car and part issues and just get together for fun and some racing.

You gentilmen have created the perfect meld of old and new. That engine swap truley look's OEM. The stance from the rear will drop more than jaws,if ya get me.What was your solution for fuel delievery. In tank pump or external. Taday I'm dropping off my crank and rods to be machined,need to order rebuild kit soon as well. Looks like I'm headded for the gaurage again this winter. Beautiful car guys.

Originally, I used an external fuel pump which was mounted under the the rear side of the parcel shelf. It was terrible. It would grind and make the worst noises.

So, ended up replacing with an intank unit. Definitely, would recommend the intank unit approach.

I believe it was from a Maxima, but I'll need to double-check.

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while sence last post. Long summer days at work , still commuting in my 1600. Gathering necessary parts for swap this winter. found a set of 370cc injectors from Q 45, Thanks for that Stig. Sizeing up intank fuel pump. Crank and rod big end resized,blocks about a week out, Before long my stock noodle arm 1600 and 4 spd. will be good history. Yea I need a 5th freakin gear. I'm a bit in the air with gauge configuration,and placement. I think setting the engine/trans is the easy part.

• 6 months later...

I've made a bit of progress. Been tayloring wires for about a month .It's slow though. Real slow. Now I'm under the dash trying to thin out what I wont need and make room for whats to come.th_DSC05899.jpg?t=1299457214th_DSC05882.jpg?t=1299457214th_IMG_0370.jpg?t=1299457249th_IMG_0369.jpg?t=1299457249I can tell I jacked up the download. Next time will be better.

Yea. It took some time to complete,but with the diagram from the FSM taped together and laminated it came out great and fits better than a glove. All connections crimped and soldered + heat shrink. The harness actually will run's under the intake runners. Just got off work. I put up some pic's later today.