rb26 Z

Stony

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car was purchased so i could put my drive train in it to tune it. it will be going in my red Z once its finished the black car had a V-8 BBC in it. I'm not going to change the way the black car looks just so i can turn around and sell it once my red car is done.

The car was purchased so i could put my drive train in it to tune it. it will be going in my red Z once its finished the black car had a V-8 BBC in it. I'm not going to change the way the black car looks just so i can turn around and sell it once my red car is done.

I didn't know you were still building the red one, what are you doing to the chassy? Also what is your goal quarter mile time?

Just for the record..... i was running test and tune. the dumbass announcer had to be corrected a couple times.

my previous setup was running low 11.s in the red car Adan this was the first time me and the car were at the track going this fast!!!! cutting a good light was my last priority. getting full boost on launch and figuring out how long it takes to get everything spooled up was.

here are some pics of the red car... and the goal is 8.9x @ 152-155 mph

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

This engine is in the black car now and will be back in the red car once the chassis is done

DSC02045.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
forget the honda's, did you ever line up against that stang again? looks like he had about 8 cars on you on the first run.

Again just for the record i was just running test and tune. it was the first time out and i wasn't really trying to race anyone. Just trying to dial in the launch. every run got faster as we got a little more aggressive on the timing.

The only car that beat me out there that weekend was a blown pro mod running 7s and the blue stang that ran an 8.66

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the car is home again. Now i have to make time to start finishing her up

3979140206_7bd8f861a7_m.jpg

3979140170_8f64491ed7_m.jpg

3979140104_3f189c8a2f_m.jpg

3979144288_966c87f0c3_m.jpg

3979144300_28fe09c4df_m.jpg

3979144542_07847ab83c_m.jpg

3979144520_8ca401bf8c_m.jpg

Im going to wait till i get the wheelbase where it needs to be and 1/4 replaced before i say the wheel offset is too shallow. But i think they may need a small spacer.

3979144512_8fd511f540_m.jpg

Oh BTW i bought a miller 180 syncrowave tig welder. Im gonna do the rest myself ;>

Labor is getting too ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ expensive.

miller_syncrowave200runner_250x250.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK just a small update. I finally got the drivers and passenger doors back on... DON'T EVER REMOVE THE HINGES FROM THE CAR THEN SEPARATE THEM FROM THE DOOR!!!!

Also the left 1/4 is tacked on just needs final welding, grinding and body work. then on to the other side. I only have 3 weeks till i leave for AFGAN and there is no way im gonna get this thing done. So i will hit it up when i come back in June and hope to have it running by the end of the summer.

DSC04977.jpg

DSC04978.jpg

DSC04979.jpg

DSC04980.jpg